Are oysters really an aphrodisiac?

News flash; they're not dead :gag: and it's the trace elements they contain that work on your mojo, not the taste or thought of eating them.

Like your analogy though :hihi:

That work on your what now?:o

Statements like this worry me:suspect:

That work on your what now?:o

Statements like this worry me:suspect:

Ha ha, I knew you'd pick up on that. I could have said libido, but I like to use different words now and again. And this time it was MOJO :hihi:

Sega - yeeeeeeeeeew arrrrrrre deeeeeees-gasssting!

News flash; they're not dead ...

Dear God. And I thought the idea of them couldn't be any more repugnant.

In many cases, culinary aphrodisiacs are psychological, dependant on who you eat them with and how you eat them... The active ingredient is often a pleasure-inducing chemical - or related to one, or a precursor of one - but is usually present in trace amounts, too low to have an appropriate effect. That's the case with dark chocolate, as I recall.

Sega - yeeeeeeeeeew arrrrrrre deeeeeees-gasssting!

Thanks! I do my best. Seriously though, I've never had oysters. I love seafood but oysters don't look all that appealing to be honest. I'll try 'em if my mojo ever gets lost. :)

Thanks! I do my best. Seriously though, I've never had oysters. I love seafood but oysters don't look all that appealing to be honest. I'll try 'em if my mojo ever gets lost. :)

Mojos never get lost, sometimes we take a detour down the scenic route but we always turn up in the end:D

As someone who hates sea-food in any way shape or form, they would only be an aphrodisiac to someone who would get turned on by me projectile vomiting so hard it came down my nose and out my ears :gag:

:love::love:

• 3 years later...

Yeah, you can eat them cooked.

Beef, Guinness and oyster pie is a classic old English dish rarely seen any more, but worth ordering if you ever see it on any menu. Like a lot of old fashioned British cookery restaurants are starting to experiment with these recipes again.

Here's Rick Stein's version - http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/beefguinnessandoyste_70548

Archived