Ranmoor Tandoori any good?

Littleanne

Good day,

Has anyone ever visited the Ranmoor Tandoori, I have recently moved into the area and I am dying for a good curry.

If anyone has any details on this place or any better suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

P.s Is it normal to have halves of hard boiled egg in a chicken tikka masalla? I had never experienced this untill I moved to Sheffield, so I don't know if this is normal and where I am from has got it wrong!

The tikka i'm used to is normally quite a thick red creamy sauce with no hard boiled egg! Please educate my pallet!

Thanks

Good day,

Has anyone ever visited the Ranmoor Tandoori, I have recently moved into the area and I am dying for a good curry.

If anyone has any details on this place or any better suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

P.s Is it normal to have halves of hard boiled egg in a chicken tikka masalla? I had never experienced this untill I moved to Sheffield, so I don't know if this is normal and where I am from has got it wrong!

The tikka i'm used to is normally quite a thick red creamy sauce with no hard boiled egg! Please educate my pallet!

Thanks

I think the restaurant is average, nothing more. I have never had hard boiled egg in any curry.

I went to the Saffron Club on Glossop road the other night, amazing food. The flavours were simply amazing, the best curry I have eaten in Sheffield.

I think the restaurant is average, nothing more. I have never had hard boiled egg in any curry.

I went to the Saffron Club on Glossop road the other night, amazing food. The flavours were simply amazing, the best curry I have eaten in Sheffield.

Got to agree with you Patrick re Saffron Club:- it has got to be the best in this area

When the Stirrings (Oakbrook Road) used to be a good place (many a drunken night's ended in there) their chicken tandoori masallam came with both hard boiled eggs in it and banana.

It was magnificent and came in a red, creamy sauce (sometimes it was like soup and being wrecked the stuff would always end up on my trollies).

I love egg in rubies.

I've been to the Ranmoor Tandoori a handful of times. I find it 'okay', nothing more, nothing less. My favourite is Cafe Guru although it's a higher quality of dining and sometimes you just want a curry house you can slouch in.

I wish the Stirrings would re-open (as I find the Clay Oven rubbish).

When the Stirrings (Oakbrook Road) used to be a good place (many a drunken night's ended in there) their chicken tandoori masallam came with both hard boiled eggs in it and banana.

It was magnificent and came in a red, creamy sauce (sometimes it was like soup and being wrecked the stuff would always end up on my trollies).

I love egg in rubies.

So is egg normal??

Maybe a take away would better?

Original Chicken Tikka Masala is a red creamy curry with no hard eggs. However, Chicken Masala does have hard boiled eggs. Then again, each restaurant is different and have their own style. After all Tikka Masala is a fictional curry, originally made up for the British by a Bangaldeshi Chef.

Ranmoor Tandoori is very ordinary but Saffron Restaurant is very classy and do good food.

If you're after a good Indian takeaway, try the Hanifah Balti House (http://www.hanifahbalithouse.com).

Been to the Ranmoor Tandori a couple of times - nothing wrong at all. Worth a visit. It isn't a "trendy" tandori like the Safron Club or Cafe Guru, but the food is good and no complaints. Don't forget it isn't licenced but you can take your own alcohol or there is a off-licence next door which is handy. The Ranmoor Inn 100yds down the rd by the Church and predestrian crossing is also a excellent place for a drink or decent pint before or after. Parking is best found (if required) on the road by the Ranmoor Inn in front of the church, not on the main road.

Archived