The Hairdressers/Barbers megathread - Do not advertise in here

I have found it quite hard to find a decent mobile hairdresser in the past, I'm sure there are some out there though.

I phoned a mobile hairdresser that I saw advertised in a local shop the other week, there were 5 of us that were going out on the razz and we wanted a cut and blow the day we were going. I asked the lady if she was available on the day for cut and blows and she didn't give me the chance to tell her how many it was for before she snottily replied "Ooh I don't come out JUST for cut and blow, it's not worth the petrol"

I replied " Oh sorry, it's just that 5 of us wanted it done for a night out" she interupted me saying "Oh if it's for 5 people......." I then replied "Well yes it is but to be honest I don't like your attitude so it doesn't matter thanks anyway".

My mum uses a lady called Janet who is wonderful.

Her numbers are 0114 2325632 and 07947248058.

I spoke to her today and she has space available. She is reliable and has great references.

I'll pm this to you to just to be sure

The lady we had coming in for hairdressing for our open day on Monday is now unable to make it HOWEVER, Elton from Betty Tigers has agreed to come down instead - what a star!

£2.50 for a top chop!

Elton is mad as a box of frogs but a lovely bloke. I used to hang out in his salon when I was a student. He'd spend ages on your hair, entertaining you with his wild and wonderful visitors (eg the whole crew from a dustbin lorry just popping in for a cuppa), then reluctantly charge you 50p. That was many many years ago so it looks like his prices haven't changed much. :)

Hope it goes well on Monday.

Elton is mad as a box of frogs but a lovely bloke. I used to hang out in his salon when I was a student. He'd spend ages on your hair, entertaining you with his wild and wonderful visitors (eg the whole crew from a dustbin lorry just popping in for a cuppa), then reluctantly charge you 50p. That was many many years ago so it looks like his prices haven't changed much. :)

Hope it goes well on Monday.

Yes, the box of frogs analogy is good.

I used to sit for one of his students as a hair model regularly and loved being there.

Quite looking forward to seeing him on Monday.