The Hairdressers/Barbers megathread - Do not advertise in here

Hiya, was wondering if anybody could tell me how you turn blonde hair to an ashy grey colour. I've been to my hairdressers and asked, but even they can't do what i want. Its dyed quite a light blonde at the moment, I've tried using touch of silver shampoo but this only gives me a temporary look and I want it permanent. Thanks:)

It won't be permanent, but you can get a hairdresser to put a toner on over your bleach for you, and it will last about 4 or so washes? When you see people with blue/grey hair that has obviously been bleached, this is what they have done... You can buy the toners yourself from companies like 'Manic Panic' and Stargazer, so you can keep the silvery colour up! All of the more 'fashiony' hairsalons will do this for you, and it tends to cost between a fiver and a tenner...

ah right thankyou! any idea's if i can get these toners from boots or superdrug etc?

Doubt that boots or superdrug would sell proper toners - hairdressing places would, sometimes alternative shops sell toners amongst the wild shades of hairdye - ebay is probably the best bet! The toners all come in slightly different shades too, dep on your own hair etc...

My local salon that I have been to on a few occasions is wanting models, I think I want to offer to be a model but I'm unsure of what to except.

Is it that I offer my hair for free inspiration or may it all turn ugly and I regret my offer. I do want someone with a good eye to take over my hair and get a new style and am willing to let someone do this but will I be able to help direct them to a suitable outcome for them and me or is it close your eyes Till it's done. Anyone who has been a model please comment or any hairdressers too so I can make my mInd up:confused:

can't go to sallys because you need a card to get in i think..but i'll have a look around. thanks

You don't need anything to go to Sallys - just go in and buy, but remember VAT added at the til... I wouldn't mix a professional toner without some know how though...Just pick up manic panic or stargazer stuff, that's good enough and you don't have to mix it!

well i would not recommend on buying any colour like 12/11 or packs of colour from shops,I am a Wella Master Colour Expert, i would recommend you to go to a salon for expert advice or ring me 01142344025.xx

Do you sell the wheels too? I loved the wella wheels :love: