The Hairdressers/Barbers megathread - Do not advertise in here

has anyone got their hair cut at Taylor Taylor?

Yes, frequently. In my opinion, they're good, but a bit expensive. There are a lot of female hairstylists working there, but they seem to know what they are doing. I tried an out-of-town hairdresser recently, but soon went back to Taylor Taylor

The Mens' Room on Division Street is also owned by Taylor Taylor and during busy times, staff from Taylor Taylor go up there to help out. This shop used to be Johny Fantham's - a real mens' barber shop who gave excellent haircuts. Bought out by Steve, a Polish gentleman and a real raconteur. When he retired, Taylor Taylor bought the place - refurbished it and bumped up the prices.

I used Sweeny Todd a couple of times 2-3 years ago basically because they were open Saturday afternoon and the one further up the road isnt.

Cut was good each time but not enough to justify the 2x charge imho, hence I've not been back.

Does anyone know of any funky hairdressers in Sheffield, or mobile hairdressers that are reasonably priced? I'm after a good cut and colour. I keep having it done at my local hairdressers and although it looks good when I leave the salon soon falls out of shape and the colour goes dull in no time.

Anyone got any ideas?

Or Betty Tigers on Infirmary Road.....they have a website but I haven't quite fathomed out how to link things.....perhaps if you google it.....Elton does some strange and colourful funky stuff. :)