The Hairdressers/Barbers megathread - Do not advertise in here

i have dry hair,i use a good shampoo and conditioner,

yes i use ghd straightners,but also use ghd dry oil and ghd wax,when i do my hair it feels great soft and manageable then a day later all dry and wavy again.

what do you use?

someones suggested having my hair chemically straightened have you had this done?

thanks

i've tried just about every shampoo and conditioner going (you should see my bathroom i could start up my own shampoo shop :D)but i have just tried pantene smooth and sleek shampoo and conditioner and its bloomin brilliant my hair is sooooooo soft and soooo shiny its a miracle give it a go.

p.s i tend to leave conditioner on for at least 5 mins as this makes:) my hair super soft and shiny

I use V05 'Perfect Ends' and it's def made a difference to my split ends, the ends used to be really dry and still are a little bit.

I saw a hair straightening kit in Boots the other day, I'm not sure how it works but it looks like some kind of conditioner you put on? I might try it!

x

I don't know too much about chemical hair straightening but I wouldn't have thought it would be a good idea if your hair is already dry as it is the same sort of procedure as perming and can be quite damaging (and it can result in hair going frizzy in some cases). If you can afford it, look into ionic hair straightening which is supposed to leave your hair in even better condition than before.

And has anyone used the hairdressers by the Grosvenor Hotel in town - is it a drop in shop and what are their cuts like - I haven't had a decent cut since the mobile hairdresser I had gave up to look after her son - before that it was the base hairdresser at RAF Valley on Anglesey and much as I loved her cutting its an awful long way to go!