The Hairdressers/Barbers megathread - Do not advertise in here

I'm slathering organic coconut oil (located in the health food aisle at the supermarket) into my hair, which is pretty long (mid back) and tends to get dry on the ends. I've only done it once so far; I'll report back on the results.

As a bonus, you can stir-fry with the leftovers. Not the stuff that came off your hair... I meant the stuff still in the jar.:gag:

I had my hair straightened chemically on two occasions, both times my hair was left very dry and brittle.

I have very light blonde hair and use a variety of shampoo and conditioners, TIGI, Wella Pro, KMS, Paul Mitchell and Kerastase-all for dry hair. Use a leave in conditioner.

Use a heat protector too ie TIGI Catwalk cream.

I dont use GHD straighteners though because they have singed the ends of my hair in the past as they heat up too much.

Or Betty Tigers on Infirmary Road.....they have a website but I haven't quite fathomed out how to link things.....perhaps if you google it.....Elton does some strange and colourful funky stuff. :)

betty tigers - sure elton started at hair by christmas or co owns it ??

http://hairpatterns.com/

hair by christmas - brilliant

http://www.hairbychristmas.co.uk/prices.htm

There is a new range in Boots called 'Get Natural' or something like that. anyway it uses only natural products and is sooooooooo good! half the time it's the chemicals that dry your hair out.

Frizz ease on wet hair is also good for dry ends.

What did we ever do without GHD's!