The Hairdressers/Barbers megathread - Do not advertise in here

My mobile hairdresser let me down again this week. My mate has her nails done by her, hair trimmed and coloured and pays her about 30 quid every 3 weeks so I've come to the conclusion that my measly fiver for a dry trim just isn't worth her time, petrol or even a text to say she can't make it. My mate will defend her and there'll be some excuse, I just think it's the courteous thing to do just to let someone know you can't make an appointment whether there's a genuine reason or you just can't be bothered and have to fib.

Anyway, I'm going to give Headwork a try seeing as they're five minutes away from me.

I went to rumours once to have my hair coloured. It cost me around £35 quid and looked exactly the same as it did before I went in.

I've now been going to to headwork since last November and I wouldn't go anywhere else. Anna usually colours my hair and the cut is excellent the only problem is shes on maternity leave now :( but Sam did a nice colour and cut last time I went.

• 2 weeks later...

theres a shop on the lanes in meadowhall that sell these sort of coloured hair that you sew onto a hair clip and then clip onto your own hair like under the top layer, they are brilliant my mate uses them and i have to say when i first met her i thought they were permanent but when she took them out i realized they were fake! :o.

I know you said about the ones you glue in but maybe you could give these a try as they arent permenant and if you dont like the look you can take them out easily without any damage to your own hair and btw these are real hair and can be straightned ect ect so they dont like or feel fake ect ect.

hope this helps :)