The Hairdressers/Barbers megathread - Do not advertise in here

Can anyone recommend the best place to get an old-fashioned taper/side-parted hair cut, ideally in the Broomhill-Crookes-Walkley area?

I've been getting my hair done for the last few years at Hair All Day by The York in Broomhill. They're generally pretty good, especially the older guy there, but a couple of times I've got one of the girls who've been too keen to get on their lunch break and have given me a rather clumsy and rushed scissors-and-shears job.

Not after anything fancy, just a place with a bit of knowledge and willing to take their time over a good cut.

Hi im in desperate need of a very good hairstylist s5 or close or even mobile :) my hairdresser has changed careers, ive gone to her for 7yrs so i now feel lost :/, really want to find someone as good as she was so i can stick with the same person :) thanks for reading

Has anyone used the new hairdressers on Stocks Hill Ecclesfield, are they any good and what are their prices like?

Hi! my friend at work went there Friday, she says they're ok if you're looking to keep up with the trend, all she wanted was a simple cut because that's how she always have it and they almost disregarded her completely and did what they wanted.

The prices are very good, just keep an eye on what they're doing :)

I'd like any recommendations for hairdressers who are up to date with styling. I have really really thick hair but also have a thinner section after brain surgery (so with a metal plate in its a bit lumpy and bumpy). Ideally s12, city centre or someone with parking.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i need some help with my hair i had it dyed a bright copper colour which i loved, it washed out after a while so went to get it re dyed. stupidly went to a different salon and they dyed it really dark red/brown not bright copper. :(

how can i get this colour out/lightened without going to the hairdressers?

i only got in stripped and dyed the other month which cost me £100 so cant afford to get it done again. :help::help::help: