The Hairdressers/Barbers megathread - Do not advertise in here

Are there any offers at salons in and around Sheffield? I'm looking for a new stylist/salon for my teenage daughter and myself.

She's got mousy brown hair but went blonde. The dye is now really irritating her when applied so she wants to go back again - possibly to dip dye look?

I've got mega-thick hair and I'm looking for a re-style. I need someone to work out how my one or two grey hairs won't show (over and above dye!) can work round a wee bald patch (after a major head injury) as well as making it manageable as I only have full use of my right arm/hand.

I need someone to make me feel comfy about it all as my hairdresser has just gone travellling. I'd like an offer to start with (to make sure I'm happy with the cut but I'm looking for a long term salon.

Any salons up for a challenge?

there's a great place called nutcase at handsworth very comfortable surroundings and very pleasant and professional staff at reasonable prices, I'm certain you will not be disappointed.

it's aptly named after the owner she's nuts and should be featured on tv.( nuts in a nice way)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Elphi 24, I Can't recommend Angels and freckles in Beighton enough! I have Mandy (salon owner, one of) but all the girls are fantastic! Had them all at some point for one treatment or another. My hair is really thick, unmanageable, until I found Mandy! I am also allergic to hair dye and Mandy has been excellent and sensitive with the issue, non judgemental (r.e vanity) but just offers advise! The salon doesn't have offers on i guess this is because their business is always booming! There's never a time I go and the salons empty I think that says a lot for businesses!

On another note I am urgently looking for someone who is available Friday 23rd August 1-5pm to do basic curls, straightening and simple pin ups...the girls at Angels aren't free and it's for an event! If anyone is available please get in touch! I don't always see PM on here but contact in sig... I think!?

Thanks in advance!

Edit** 07772420790

Edited by SheffDancer
No contact no.

Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone knew of a men's barbers open Sundays?

Ideally around city centre area please

Cheers

Niche at Hillsborough on Middlewood Road opposite Halifax Bank is open on Sunday.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Is there anywhere in Sheffield city centre area or up Eccy road that does more than a short back and sides for no more than a tenner? All the places up my end have Nike and Adidas stencils in the draw to shave into chavs so, they can't be trusted.

Got a sort of indie vibe going on and could do with a recommendation for a hair dresser who listens to what you want and does it.

Is there anywhere in Sheffield city centre area or up Eccy road that does more than a short back and sides for no more than a tenner? All the places up my end have Nike and Adidas stencils in the draw to shave into chavs so, they can't be trusted.

Got a sort of indie vibe going on and could do with a recommendation for a hair dresser who listens to what you want and does it.

Can i just ask.

Would a 15min haircut be ok for £10?

Or would you expect it to be longer?

Can i just ask.

Would a 15min haircut be ok for £10?

Or would you expect it to be longer?

Mine used to take about half an hour and I was happy with that, I can't go there anymore though.

To be honest, I'd probably question the quality of the cut if it only took 15 minutes. I dunno though, I dunno how long a hair cut should take. Maybe my old hairdresser was slow.