The Hairdressers/Barbers megathread - Do not advertise in here

I had mine done at Headlines in Greens (bottom of Eccy road). They are raccoon extensions, the best you can get. The hair is bought in bundles and it really depends on what you get. Blonde is the most expensive because it has had the most treatment. I had 2 colours in mine. Blonde and brown. The hair cost me around £160 and then they charge around £25 to £30 an hour to put it in. (this was about 18 months ago). I paid £280 altogether and never went back for a top up. Only had them for my wedding. TBH it's very expensive and it completely knackers your hair up. Having the hair taken out can leave you with bald patches and your hair will be very thin after because of the extra weight and breakage. The extensions thin out and have to be topped up every 4-6 weeks which can cost £25-£35 a go. Don't get me wrong, extensions look lovely but they're more trouble than they're worth IMO. Hope this helps x

Id pay for human clip ins, I can wear 20-24 4inch wefts (2clips per weft) at once and it costs me £30 for 6pieces. They last ages if you wash them and brush them but be gentle with them!! I havent bought a set in.... 8 months or so now. Ill probably buy a new pack in new year to top up the 'raggy ones' :) Works out loads cheaper than having them glued in. Mine are 24inch long too - look amazing :D

Id pay for human clip ins, I can wear 20-24 4inch wefts (2clips per weft) at once and it costs me £30 for 6pieces. They last ages if you wash them and brush them but be gentle with them!! I havent bought a set in.... 8 months or so now. Ill probably buy a new pack in new year to top up the 'raggy ones' :) Works out loads cheaper than having them glued in. Mine are 24inch long too - look amazing :D

I agree, last so much longer & save a hell of a lot of money in the long run. I had them glued in, once, never again. Totally wrecked my hair :mad:.