Best time to exercise ???

I am wanting to start exercising (again !!!) and this time I have decided to try walking. I have bought a 'cross-trainer' type machine (the one where you kind of step and move your arms at the same time) I want to know the best time to exercise on this machine as, no matter what time I have gone on the machine I'm worn out after 5 minutes and my legs are like jelly..... any ideas when is the best time to exercise and for how long etc.....

Time of day you exercise probably has a limited effect (personally I like to exercise mid afternoon as I have a lul then which exercise snaps me out of!) It's just a case of using it as frequently as possible building up in both speed and duration. If you want to walk for exercise though why not go out for a wonder in the peaks? The rough(er) terrain will mean that you get more exercise but the open air and views will stop you getting bored!

I no longer live in Sheffield so the peaks are out of the question. I live in Crete so its quite difficult to walk outside at the moment (it's 35 degrees most of the day) although that is probabily an excuse. The result is the excercise machine. Hence the need for advice on when and how to use it... Thanks anyway

I no longer live in Sheffield so the peaks are out of the question. I live in Crete so its quite difficult to walk outside at the moment (it's 35 degrees most of the day) although that is probabily an excuse. The result is the excercise machine. Hence the need for advice on when and how to use it... Thanks anyway

In that case I would say early in the morning or late in the evening so you don't overheat!!!

Before breakfast for best results, but it may be hard, take care.

The best you can do is going to a Gym.

I joined a Gym last year and it didn't work as I didn't like going alone.....

I have a five year old and work every morning from 9-2, while she is at school etc. When I get home from work we eat lunch (about 2.30pm - 3pm) and then sleep/relax until 18.30 - 19.00. I was thinking to schedule my exercise around this time as it is starting to cool down.

Would this be suitable as it's not late at night, it's kind of like my second 'morning' of the day ?? Also, how long before I can eat ?? Would 20.30 - 21.00 be OK ??

Sorry to ask so many questions but I want to plan something that covers everything then, hopefully I will stick to it....

Early morning would be better than late evening. As your body continues to burn fat after you stop exercising so it would have more effect and continue through the day if you do it in the morning

NOT True some studies have shown that early morning exercise is actually not good for you!. it all depends on what your goals are and how often you work out

Archived