Gaumont Cinema Film Memories

Originally posted by Internetowl

sound up - its great (the intro)

http://www.pearlanddean.com

pity they don't have the old retro ads too...

I have loads of 16mm reels of old P and D ads from the 50s to the early 70's. Have them now put to on DVDR if anyone interested.....theres the old "flying windows" Pearl and Dean titles and music and the old titles with the Temple steps......

man i saw so many films at the gaumont some what i can remember the most are

BATMAN the orignal adam west version

SLADE IN FLAME quite possibly one of the best rock movies ever made...

THE SPY WJO LOVED ME not one of the best james bond movies but one what sticks out in my mind

STAR WARS the q went all the way up to maplins

DESPERATELY SEEKING SUSAN think this was the last film to be shown there

i could list more ill have to rack my brains today

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Cant quite recall but when the rebuilt the new ODEON complex in 87, did they completely demolish the entire old GUamont and all its foundations, or did they retain any of it to be incorporated into the new structure?

And speaking of the new ODEON complex opened 87 and which closed and became Kingdom, did the Joe SCarbourougyh 34 ft wall mural which was situated in the first floor foyer get painted out, or did they completely gut the Odeon to make it into Kingdom? Never been inside since seeing JURASSIC PARK in 93....

• 3 years later...

Don't forget the organ that would rise from the depths,and the ping pong ball that would alight on the words of the song on the screen for singing along to. To see a film there was an occasion to look forward to. The premier cinema in Sheffield in it's time.

Archived