Russia! - It's going to get naughty!

They are feeling insecure, bless em. No longer are they seen as the superpower they once were and are feeling a little lost in the world order. It's only a bit of sabre rattling and once they have finished their vodka they will start to calm down :D

They are feeling insecure, bless em. No longer are they seen as the superpower they once were and are feeling a little lost in the world order. It's only a bit of sabre rattling and once they have finished their vodka they will start to calm down :D

Who are you talking about? Britain or Russia?

Russia wants Berezovsky - Britain wants Lugovoi. Seems like an obvious solution to me.

It is Britain doing the sabre rattling at the moment. Russia has never allowed its citizens to be extradited, Britain knew this. It's not that Russia is refusing to cooperate, it is just seen as domestic oratory - i.e. something Brown's cabinet can posture about and be seen to be tough.

The Berezovsky/Lugovoi exchange is clearly what the Russians are waiting for, why bluster like this?

Send 007 in to blow em up!

They're nothing but a bunch of ugly, hard faced, alcoholic crapsters anyway!

Hey what the russians, there as tough as anything, ok im talking about speedway riders, but they are absolute balloons.:o:D

None of any of that (Gas, £2bn in exports etc) is likely to be affected. Brits and Russians are playing to the gallery at the moment.

Yeas, I heard analysts last night saying Russia would do anything not to affect it's international trade reputation.

Hope this is just low level sabre rattling.

What are the odds that Russia will expel 5 diplomats just to get one up on the Brits?

I bet they ask for Berezovsky. He may have been given political asylum, but given that he's already under investigation for suggesting Putin should be driven from office by force if necessary, I think Britain would do well to get rid of him.

Lugovoi's a small fry, and enjoys the protection of Russia only as a bargaining chip. If I was him, I'd be on the next train to Ulan Bator and a new life as a used camel dealer somewhere.

Archived