More world class BJJ at Gracie Barra this Sunday 22nd July 11am-1pm

Recently, it was great to have a chance to train with one of the legends of the art in Royce Gracie and thanks to Steve and Mark for organising it. This Sunday Gracie Barra hosts two guys who are the future of the sport: Victor Estima and Octavio both from Brazil but based in Birmingham. Both already are world medallists and with people like Braulio Estima (Victor's big brother!) and Roger Gracie are taking BJJ to a whole new level. The class is from 11-1pm at Gracie Barra Sheffield, Unit 2

Edmund Road Business Centre

Edmund Road SHEFFIELD

S1 2JB.

The cost is a measly £12. DON'T MISS IT!

try to get down guys, these are 2 awesome BJJ fighters. Victor is a black belt and Octavio is a brown belt.

Victor fought Andre Galvao to an 8 minute overtime match and Octavio got a silver at the last Pan - Ams where he fought Kron Gracie (Rickson's son) where he unfortunately lost via knee bar.

Anyone who was at the last Urban Gorillaz will have seen Octavio beat Neil Owen which is no mean feat.

Both have, what has been described by Master Carlos Gracie Jr, "beautiful Jiu Jitsu".

http://www.onthemat.com/video.php?videoid=1206

Check Victor out!

Glad you enjoyed it Rich. Good to see you representing Royce Gracie Network, Keith from Judo and the guys (and girl) from Mansfield Gracie Barra. Thanks to Paul (BJJMAN) for organising it. It was a shame Victor couldn't roll due to a back injury; but I very much enjoyed the helicopter arm-bar he did on Paul. For those lucky enough(?!)to spar with Octavio I hope you began to get a sense of how good he is. I got swept after oh two seconds even though he showed me what he was going to do. I was determined to do better next time and it must have taken him about twenty seconds to choke me! I think he took pity. Then I got battered by a very nice blue belt from Mansfield...back to the drawing board eh!! No better way to spend a Sunday off.

Oh check out the current issue of Martial Arts Illustrated for an interview with Victor. Cheers, Noel

Doh, didn't make this one due to lack of time / money / gi.

The seminar I went to on saturday with Shaolin Ribeiro gave me enough to try and remember though!

If I ever get even one technique to the precision his whole game operates at I'll be happy...

Hey guys, thanks to everyone who came. The object was enjoyment (whether it be from the techniques or me being on the end of a helicopter arm bar). That was nice compared to the beating i got from both of them on my living room floor! My girlfriend really shouldn't be seeing me scream like that!

i looooooooooooved that guard pull tho. I warn everyone now that i will be trying that all the time!!

Richardquinn, i don't recall being introduced to you (madrev will pay for his lack of manners on the mat tonight). Sorry mate, would have been nice to say hello.

Hey guys, thanks to everyone who came. The object was enjoyment (whether it be from the techniques or me being on the end of a helicopter arm bar). That was nice compared to the beating i got from both of them on my living room floor! My girlfriend really shouldn't be seeing me scream like that!

i looooooooooooved that guard pull tho. I warn everyone now that i will be trying that all the time!!

Richardquinn, i don't recall being introduced to you (madrev will pay for his lack of manners on the mat tonight). Sorry mate, would have been nice to say hello.

BJJMAN

Richardquinn is the geordie lad who cant keep his mouth shut :P

Hes about 90kg and about 5'8" tall id say.

He is one of the AFK cornermen as well as training with RoyceGracieBJJ .

Hes totally non political though and has a laugh with everyone

Archived