What does "SHEFFIELD" need?

phat_house

Hehe - i love posts like this....eternal.....i reckon the sheff forum controllers just occasionally post "What does Sheffield need ?" or "Is Sheffield's nightlife going downhill?" and let it roll !!!!

Well perhaps they do...but this thread was started by me and i can asure you i am not a controller of the sheffield forum.

Where are the underground warehouse parties when there are so many warehouses?! It does not make sense, it's odd isn't it ?

I remember my auntie telling me once that Sheffield was *buzzing* in her youth. Where has that gone.... ?? :hihi:

Music is a funny thing, it moves in waves. Catch a wave, and you feel like you're on top of the world for that moment in time.

It's so odd to hear people talk about Sheffield like this, as I never associated or seen Sheffield this way at all. Every bars/clubs are now too clean cut, that bit cleaner, that bit more commercial. Saying that, if it isn't that way, it would not be in business at all.

And herein lies the problem. People don't put parties on for partying's sake anymore.

Give people what they want, and they will come. I suppose you have to catch the crowd and groom them into this type of music to begin with. I suppose if you're a music fanatic, you'll appreciate some of the music development that went on with some of the DJs....

me and my dad had a convo about this the other dad and we was saying we want a pub/club to go 2 where any age can litsen to any music like us youger croweds to come and lisern to clasic 70's ect and older crowed to lisern to newer stuff in the same room and even let under 18's in [not 2 drink thought]

Looks like what Sheffield needs is October 5th. Talk about good things coming in three's!!!!

Plug - Felix da Housecat

DQ - Tayo's tracksuit party

Undone - Sheffields best venue + serious house music

I'm sure there's a bit of something there for everyone. I'll be heading down to the Fez as I've had many a good night down there before. What about everyone else?

I would be more than happy to promote an event where the success was not measured by how much door money I was taking home in my back pocket, but rather by how many people walked away thinking 'what a party'.

Its still the way I gauge the success of a Hustle party...any money made is viewed as a way to pay for the previous month's party.

Archived