What does "SHEFFIELD" need?

phat_house

IMO another corp-esque place would rock, only it'd need to be much smaller and with less of the cheesey metal/pop-punk/emo... more just about new music, with some actual good bands. Kinda like the boardwalk when they still held the moon ska tour. But looking at the rest of this thread I can see people with my musical tastes are in the minority. I just reckon Corp feels a bit big and empty since the smoking ban came into effect. :D

I'll join your minority ;) I haven't moved up yet so haven't been to corp but I can imagine what it's like, I've just finished working in my little local alternative club down here, the music these places play is too samey like they're not willing to risk anything different. I hate "indie" now after I've had to hear the same drunken anthems every week. I know they have to please the punters but people arn't gonna leave if you mix in some lesser known tracks in there.

One thing I'd like to see is an all night cafe, no booze, just a space for people who happen to be awake to chill out. The uni should offer it, then it doesn't have to be as profitable as if a real business were doing it.

The Union is the best place! We students are very lucky. We have Tuesday club, with drum n bass, old school, fuzz- the indie night and frouk- rnb. These nights offer a great venue and value but I think what REALLY makes it work is the fact they ask the students opinion. These 'superclubs' of sheffield need to learn from the student union and consider the demands of sheffield clubbers.

Hustle is back in action in August at DQ.....Ive spent a lot of time thinking about what Sheffield clubbers want and what would get them out....

While guest DJs are important it has increasingly become apparent that people are only really interested in where the best party is or the most people are...

The next thing to over come is price. Its a nightmare to get Sheffield people to spend on admission...which directly pays for a Dennis Ferrer or a Steve Angello. So why would a promoter bother forking out £3k for DJs of this calibre...As a clubber I would gladly pay a tenner to see these guys play but unfortunately I think Im in the minority....I recall Hustle having Jo Mills on last Autumn and a group of girls objecting to pay a fiver to see Jo (and also Hatty Lovehearts)..when I pointed out that Jo was also playing at Basics in Leeds later that evening and it would them £23 each in Leeds it suddenly became ok to pull out a fiver!!

Hustle is ready to be a force in Sheffield again. We have got some spectacular bookings lined up, we are in an excellent new home and we have the tools and imagination to make good parties into amazing parties.

Hopefully we will see some of the more vocal Sheffield Forum members show their support.

See you soon

Hustle is back in action in August at DQ.....Ive spent a lot of time thinking about what Sheffield clubbers want and what would get them out....

While guest DJs are important it has increasingly become apparent that people are only really interested in where the best party is or the most people are...

The next thing to over come is price. Its a nightmare to get Sheffield people to spend on admission...which directly pays for a Dennis Ferrer or a Steve Angello. So why would a promoter bother forking out £3k for DJs of this calibre...As a clubber I would gladly pay a tenner to see these guys play but unfortunately I think Im in the minority....I recall Hustle having Jo Mills on last Autumn and a group of girls objecting to pay a fiver to see Jo (and also Hatty Lovehearts)..when I pointed out that Jo was also playing at Basics in Leeds later that evening and it would them £23 each in Leeds it suddenly became ok to pull out a fiver!!

Hustle is ready to be a force in Sheffield again. We have got some spectacular bookings lined up, we are in an excellent new home and we have the tools and imagination to make good parties into amazing parties.

Hopefully we will see some of the more vocal Sheffield Forum members show their support.

See you soon

I'll support you know that

Sheffield needs, a really good Gay Club, aimed at Men AND Women, that has regular nights, and a range of acts on.

Also, a dirty all-nighter type club that plays dance music like; Drum n Bass, Old School, Jungle, Cheese. With a friendly attitude.

Sheffield also needs a venue thats like a club, but just has bands playing all night. Bit of a re-visit to the 1920's, that'd be cool.

Totally....it was their birthday party...but £23 all the same for the same name DJ

Jo Mills didn't play the 15th birthday at Basics last year. It was Andy Weatherall, 2020 Soundsystem, The Glass, James Holroyd and Paul Woolford. A line up well worth £23 if you ask me.

Archived