Baby signing

Yaz

Originally posted by Abby

My mother told me another story about baby development, which I can post here if anyone would like. When I told her the 'old wives tale' she said was technically impossible, she replied saying that 'Yes, but babies are cleverer than you think...' :?:wow::!:

I'd like Abby! Come on mate lets hear it!

For alchresearcher & other interested parties,

Baby signing has been proven to enhance a child's development - babies who use symbolic gestures tend to have larger vocabularies, understand more words & show an increased interest in books when compared to non-signing babies they also tend to speak at an earlier age. One particular study revisited children several years later & found their IQ's were higher than the non-signing control group. An important benefit is the ability to express their needs before they can verbalise them.

The neural pathways responsible for language rest upon the same pathways for motor co-ordination - this is why motor therapies help with language development of children with special needs.

I really could go on all day extoling the virtues of this system. In the very near future all new parents will be encouraged to use baby signing as a pre-lingual for of communication.

Archived