Fowler Brothers (Wilfred and Lawrence)

Fowler

it was the fowler bros. amos stewart.a man called jackson.and two others i forget there names.i lived on the same road as the fowlers.ie don road.

the man they killed was called plommer ex soldier who was not scared of

them.they went to his house on princess st mob handed an used a bayonet

to kill him.i knew amos when he came out of prison.a broken man and so

he should be.it was a cowardly act done by arseholes.

I am researching my family tree and have just discovered that Amos is one of ours (not the pedigree I'd hoped for) I am appalled yet fascinated that someone so vile should be a relative. I would be really interested in any information you have on him please pm with anything you remember, thanks

Amos Had A Coal Yard On Cartonville Road,street ?

My Cousin Work For Him.i Used To Help Him Collect

Coal Money On Friday Nights.amos Used The Gate

Pub On Attercliffe Common.most Of My Info About

The Fowlers Came From My Dad Who Knew Them Well

He Said Spinks Was A Arshole His Brother Was Ok.

Anyway Thats Enough For To Night.

The Graves A Fine And Peacefull Place

But Few I Think Do There Embrace.

Hello,

My Great Grandfather was called George, I believe he was Wilbert and Lawrence's brother, (older) He was a barber by trade and had a son called Robert (Bob) (my grandad). He left Sheffield after the Plommer case. Am having trouble researching as the 1901 census does not cover Wilbert.

All I know is that he left Sheffield with his son and started afresh and that his brothers were involved in gangs and someone got killed with a poker. I have since got hold of JP Bean book that verifies the story. All the family knew about this but had always being told to not speak of it. Bob Fowler must have been about 14 or 15 at the time of the Murder and if so could have known a lot more, he was not a man of many words.

There is also a link with Charlie Peace which is a puzzle as he was from a different era, was there another by the same name were the Fowler's (pre Lawrence and Wilbert) involved in the 1880's gangland.

If they were brothers then my great grandfather was your great grandfathers brother

hi when i asked the only remaining family that would remember the brothers it was well it is best not to know but after reading some of the books that have been printed there is a possibility they were innocent

One Was The Other Was Not . And When Did The Bayonet

Transform Into A Poker.my Old Dad Used To Say J P Bean

Talked An Wrote A Load Of ********.ask About The Bookmaker

Connection.ie (aistrop)?

Are You Well? Im Still Here!

One Was The Other Was Not . And When Did The Bayonet

Transform Into A Poker.my Old Dad Used To Say J P Bean

Talked An Wrote A Load Of ********.ask About The Bookmaker

Connection.ie (aistrop)?

yes you could be right i have no way of knowing i only know what i have read though they are part of my family tree no one ever would tell us anything it was always a push under the carpet job

My Dad Never Mentioned Lol Having Kids

The Younger One Spinks Party Piece Was To

Throw Used Chip An Fish Papers In Anyones

Face As He Was Walking Down The Common.

Ie Unless They Looked Capable Of Kicking

**** Out Of Him.all In All A Lovely Fellow?

My Dad Never Mentioned Lol Having Kids

The Younger One Spinks Party Piece Was To

Throw Used Chip An Fish Papers In Anyones

Face As He Was Walking Down The Common.

Ie Unless They Looked Capable Of Kicking

**** Out Of Him.all In All A Lovely Fellow?

i don tthink he did have kids well not that i have found he links to us via my grandparents

Hi, Have got hold of JP Bean book and in the trial section while in condemned cell sure it says Lawrence wrote a sad letter to his eight year old daughter after his final appeal failed. He had a daughter.

My Great Grandfather was the licensee of the Norfolk on Brightside lane. This may be the pub that the barmaid was insulted in. My Father used to tell the story of the Garvins and the Moonies using the Pub after they had been chased out of the city centre by the Police. He also mentioned that they tough guys though they wee they were terrified of one particulat copper called Walter Loxley, a huge man who took them on either one at a time or all together, apparently PC Loxley was a truly terrifying man. Why doesnt Sean Bean do a film or TV play about the gangs? featuring Loxley as the Hero?