"Roger And Out" at the Frog & Parrot

Hi Roger, This is Pete Swann. You were my scoutmaster many moons ago up until I joined the Navy at 15. You knew my sister Anne. I called on you a few times at the "Pig" after I left the RN. Good to know you are still around. I have many fond memories of you. Keep well.

Hi Roger, This is Pete Swann. You were my scoutmaster many moons ago up until I joined the Navy at 15. You knew my sister Anne. I called on you a few times at the "Pig" after I left the RN. Good to know you are still around. I have many fond memories of you. Keep well.

Hi Pete. Nice to hear from you.

Glad you are well.

Give my regards to Anne; how is she?

Ok, I'll let you off then, life is too short!But you were a strict old sod at times!

I know that I was strict, but that resulted in what I consider, to us having the very best Staff in any pub at that time.

I am grateful to our wonderful Staff for all their efforts.

I think the reason for my being strict, and I think very fair, was a result of my upbringing at home and also my strict discipkinarian education at Firth Park Grammar Scool.

Once again to ALL my Staff, a very big THANK YOU

Roger Nowill

I truly miss the original Frog And Parrot - a pub of character and some tremendous ales.

For some reason - maybe I was too sensible? - I never got round to trying the Roger And Out but I enjoyed many a pint of Reckless, a most delightful, fruity yet strong beer.

When pubs were pubs....,

I truly miss the original Frog And Parrot - a pub of character and some tremendous ales.

For some reason - maybe I was too sensible? - I never got round to trying the Roger And Out but I enjoyed many a pint of Reckless, a most delightful, fruity yet strong beer.

When pubs were pubs....,

..........and not a bloody wine bar :(

..........and not a bloody wine bar :(

Hi.

When I was Licensee of the Frog and Parrot, I think that the policy I adopted of existing SOLELY on our own brewed beers made the pub individual.

We did, of course buy in Lagers and Ciders, but all the Beers were brewed on site.

Whilst it was time consuming and, at times very tireing, I think it was worthwhile.

A measure of the success was the fact that there was almost no trouble, despite the strong beers.

My customers appreciated the beers and the yobs stayed away.

Even when there were as many as 200 customers drinking outside, a practice that has now been stopped, as a result of a few unruly patrons elsewhere, we never had major problems.

Maybe it is now a sign of the times that drink fuelled trouble is here, and here to stay.

I would like to thank all PAST CUSTOMERS of the Frog for their support during my time there.

By the way, Toni, the Parrot is alive and well in a pupose buile aviary in my garden

Once again, thanks to you all.

Roger

Hi.

When I was Licensee of the Frog and Parrot, I think that the policy I adopted of existing SOLELY on our own brewed beers made the pub individual.

We did, of course buy in Lagers and Ciders, but all the Beers were brewed on site.

Whilst it was time consuming and, at times very tireing, I think it was worthwhile.

A measure of the success was the fact that there was almost no trouble, despite the strong beers.

My customers appreciated the beers and the yobs stayed away.

Even when there were as many as 200 customers drinking outside, a practice that has now been stopped, as a result of a few unruly patrons elsewhere, we never had major problems.

Maybe it is now a sign of the times that drink fuelled trouble is here, and here to stay.

I would like to thank all PAST CUSTOMERS of the Frog for their support during my time there.

By the way, Toni, the Parrot is alive and well in a pupose buile aviary in my garden

Once again, thanks to you all.

Roger

indeed, when the frog and parrot had individuality and its own image it was a brilliant pub, i used to love drinking there on a saturday afternoon (mostly)

thankyou for your hard work and dedication and brilliant beers roger

Archived