AROMA restaurant on London Road

caustic

Menu in window looks really pricey. Not sure they have sighted in the best part of town for those prices or perhaps they are trying to bring up the area. Granted they are building some nice flats but some of the nearby pubs are full of people with no teeth.

Not seen the menu but competition is already there on Eccy rd, which isnt far from London Rd. Ashoka and several others are within half a mile. It would need to offer something special if their prices are inflated. We used to go to Gulshan though it appears not to be re opening after the floods. So have gone to the Mangla recently, last Friday it came to £24 with 4 starters ,4 curry and 4 rice. I also believe Santino's the Italian is going Indian soon too.

Yes I was confused by the name - I thought it sounded like a big coffee house - and does look a bit like a Spearmint Rhinos from the front :-)

Surprising to site a very expensive restaurant in that area when you have the likes of the albion and the tramway and all those kebab shops nearby ... still it would be nice if it brought the area up ...

Pity bout Santinos going indian ... theres too many already ..

Surprising to site a very expensive restaurant in that area when you have the likes of the albion and the tramway and all those kebab shops nearby ... still it would be nice if it brought the area up ...

yes i agree, hopefully it will bring the area up as there is a big divide between eccy road and london/abbeydale road. if the restaurant works it will hopefuly encourage others to invest into that area. i think they have made a mistake making it expensive as it is a big place maybe 200 covers. if they are not busy it will ruin them.

Archived