AROMA restaurant on London Road

caustic

My girly and I went last night, the food is absolutely spot on, all dishes were tender and flavoursome, well presented and very reasonably priced ...most main courses around the £7-8 mark. The decor is incredibly stylish and modern and if i'm honest, i'm struggling to find a bad thing to say about them!

We had two starters, two meat main courses, the best naan ever, pilau rice, and shared a dessert and took our own wine. Total bill: £31

I'll be going again!

Aroma is not licenced. However you can take in your own Wine or Champagne. But NOT beer or Lager. They do sell non-alcholic lager though:roll:

and they won't tell you the cobra you spy in the fridges and then order is alcohol free.

other than the lack of beer, quite enjoyed it. a few of the other customers when I last went took tartiness and chavness ('oh my god! oh my god! i've eaten curry! i'm going to have to have a wash')) to new heights, but i'll head back for the food. those lasses seemed to be waiting either for their pimp or to try and slut it with a footballer!

the bad news is my return visit was a disaster. two hours after arriving we hadn't had our main course. the poppadums we ordered were wrong and my starter didn't arrive until the rest of my table were nearly finished theirs.

i've never walked out of a restaurant before, but the service was so unbelievably bad we had no choice. they did try to ask us to pay for the starters we had but with all things considered (including the 40 minute wait for our booked table) they had no chance.

a real shame - a return visit because of the great food and service and we ended up walking out unfed. won't be going again in a hurry.....

Aroma is not licenced. However you can take in your own Wine or Champagne. But NOT beer or Lager. They do sell non-alcholic lager though:roll:

I don't understand why they would have a rule like that and allow wine, but not beer. Wine is wasted on Indian food and if you want alcohol beer is the ideal partner.

Would they actually turn you away if you wanted to bring beer? If so I would go to one of the many other London Road BYOB restaurants that don't have this daft rule.

• 2 weeks later...

heads up what?

are you being rude ?

I wish people would just use plain english.

As for the new restaurant, I know some people who have tried it and it found it to be excellent. They said that the dishes were rather more like a genuine indian eating place than an british version of indian food, and they have spent time in India.

Went a few weeks ago with a group of friends, on the whole I would recommend it. As has been mentioned decor wise it's very smart and the food was also very good.

Only grumble would be that the service was very very slow (it took over half an hour & 3 requests just to bring us the bill) but they were rather busy the night we were in so I'll cut them some slack.

Archived