AROMA restaurant on London Road

caustic

Only grumble would be that the service was very very slow (it took over half an hour & 3 requests just to bring us the bill) but they were rather busy the night we were in so I'll cut them some slack.

Walk downstairs as if to leave and you'll get the bill immediately - works for us.

I don't understand why they would have a rule like that and allow wine, but not beer. Wine is wasted on Indian food and if you want alcohol beer is the ideal partner.

Would they actually turn you away if you wanted to bring beer? If so I would go to one of the many other London Road BYOB restaurants that don't have this daft rule.

They probably dont want groups of lager louts turning up. If you look harmless enough and turn up with some nice bottles of lager i doubt they'd turn you away

They probably dont want groups of lager louts turning up. If you look harmless enough and turn up with some nice bottles of lager i doubt they'd turn you away

Are you going to try it to find out? I bet they would turn you away. It's their rule and if you want to eat there then you'd need to stick to it!

We went to Aroma last night (Saturday) had a really good night.

The food was brill, the resturant is very nicly done, they certainly spent a few bob on it.

The prices are very reasonable, plus taking your own wine does keep the cost down.

We rate it 9/10 on the holymoses good food guide.

Just the one point off for having weird hand dryers.

We went to Aroma last night (Saturday) had a really good night.

The food was brill, the resturant is very nicly done, they certainly spent a few bob on it.

The prices are very reasonable, plus taking your own wine does keep the cost down.

We rate it 9/10 on the holymoses good food guide.

Just the one point off for having weird hand dryers.

The only way in which those driers are weird is in the fact they actually DRY your hands! ...unusual, I grant you that, but I'd be inclined to give bonus points rather than deductiung!! :huh:

The only way in which those driers are weird is in the fact they actually DRY your hands! ...unusual, I grant you that, but I'd be inclined to give bonus points rather than deductiung!! :huh:

To get very technical:

The hand dryer is too low and too close to the urinal, so if some one is answering the call of nature and you want to dry your hands.

It ends up being like a scene out of Broke Back Mountain!!

Looks like they have a few bob to spend too, it seems a long experience of catering does help. I wonder if anyone can remember their first business venture in the late seventies called the "Gangsters" on Barkers Plool? And later a string of businesses like the Nameless Restaurant, Anilas, Vejays, and Millenium Bar and poo nana's and the one next door to it to mention a few. To give them credit though, each venture has brought something better to Sheffield, and different to their previous offering.

The Cobra would have been the alcohol-free bottles they sell.

When we arrived with cans of lager, we were told we wouldn't be allowed in with them.

That is bizarre, beer is absolutely the best thing for curry, good wine is wasted on curry and bad wine tastes even worse with it!

Archived