AROMA restaurant on London Road

caustic

Went to try Aroma last night and it was excellent.

It was however very quiet and the service was good. They told us at the door that we could bring in our own wine or beer.

There were several staff to look after us and they were all very polite and courteous.

The meal was cooked fresh and therefore took a little longer than a standard curry house to prepare, but we wanted a meal and not a lightening pitstop so that was just fine. The food was plentiful and delicious and I was so full up I had to leave a bit! Most other places have a much longer menu, but here they seem to keep a slightly smaller selection with much higher quality ingrediants

Inside, the restauraunt is very large and sumptuously decorated in a plush modern style. Arranged on 3 floors around a central spiral staircase. The plates and crockery are all stylish and modern in design, the toilets are spotless and classy. I don't have a single complaint.

IT puzzles me a little as to the wisdom of having such a large restaurant in that location though, as I can't imagine that it could be regularly filled.

The meal was extremely reasonably priced, and if there were no prices on I would have expected to pay 50% more for the experience.

Anyway along with Dil Shad at woodseats, in the south of sheffield Aroma and Dil shad prove that indian food can be real quality nowadays and both of those venues I will be regularly visiting.

Sorry are we talking about Aroma on London Road or a different Aroma, just to clarify as I was thinking about going, it looks very smart.

May look smart but they need to really work on the menu- some of the food is very bland, I have been twice now and both times I was let down with the chicken karahi and lamb karahi- so no more for me! I will stick with Jumeirah or Eversest- at least their food has some REAL aroma.

May look smart but they need to really work on the menu- some of the food is very bland, I have been twice now and both times I was let down with the chicken karahi and lamb karahi- so no more for me! I will stick with Jumeirah or Eversest- at least their food has some REAL aroma.

Sounds like you needed to move away from the karahi dishes then, because everything I had was wonderfully flavoursome.

May sound like an odd question, but you're not a smoker are you? :hihi:

Sounds like you needed to move away from the karahi dishes then, because everything I had was wonderfully flavoursome.

May sound like an odd question, but you're not a smoker are you? :hihi:

Nope, don't smoke or drink- just a curry expert and know when I have had a good meal.

Nope, don't smoke or drink- just a curry expert and know when I have had a good meal.

Well I'm a chef and a lifelong curry lover and I really rated the food so I guess either you went on an off-day, chose the wrong dish or failing that, we'll just have to agree to disagree! :P

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome on board AROMA :)

We've been in the last two Saturdays and been VERY impressed. My other half said that your Chicken Biryani is exactly like her Nana used to make and she's been searching for her Nana's recipie since! If you'd like to send over yours I'd be VERY grateful. ;)

Archived