Anyone know anything about Wardsend Cemetery?

tango2

wouldnt think it would be a problem,its very public up there,all the paths have been replaced.

Allthough it may be common courtesty to ask,they may even be glad of some further info or investigation.

Ive got a few pics of the site if you want them

I used to live above the cemetery and used to walk through it in the early hours as a short cut from Hillsbrough.

It was overgrown and very very spooky then (early 80s) and i came through it again last September during the day and it was all smartend up.

I never realised that the railway ran through it but it does now that tango mentioned it and there is also an American Red Indian burried there to.

He was one of the onterage of Bufflo Bill when he came to Sheffield last century.

He apparrantly came down with a fever and died so he was layed to rest in Wards end.

The cemetery is haunted although i never saw anything when i went through it, I was always eager to get through it and did'nt hang around to find out.

• 8 months later...

Had a wander over the 'meadow's' (Shirecliffe down to Hillsborough)...and passed through a really old graveyard....some of the graves going back to the early 1800's.

The place is a shambles...with headstones vandalised,the area is completely overgrown,and littered with burnt out bikes,fridges,tele's,and allsort's of other trash.

Thing is......there were some fresh flowers that had been placed on some of the graves,so it's obviously close to some people's heart's !

Anyone know anything about this old graveyard ?

(it's really close to coopers scrap yard,at the rear of Bassetts)

Just seem's a shame that it's in such a poor state.