The benefits class

Can you also live with the consequences of increased benefit fraud? Overnight people who had been perfectly law abiding would seek cash in hand work or resort to crime just to get an extra tenner to spend on something other than the state-sanctioned dreary macrobiotic food and mung beans.

However, even the scummy, filthy, thick poor of this land are entitled to spend their meagre money as they see fit. Strange as it may seem they are not five year old kiddies who need to be slapped if they eat too many sweeties. If someone on the dole wants a £1.99 bottle of cider on a Saturday night it's entirely up to them to decide what else they are going to cut down on, not some self-righteous prig.

Then again, so many of just lurve the interfering Nanny State, why not roll it out even more! :rolleyes:

If they can afford a J1.99 bottle of cider, than thats at least J1.99 too much benefit they recieve.

a

I just don't see the relevance of comparing Bangladeshi's and Indians. I admit it might be me not seeing your point

Dont know why some people have the work ethic but others dont, just wondered thats all.

It's on threads like these that people reveal their true self, and sometimes they are not very nice.

its wheat and chaff. troll from opinion. its impossible at time. dont think mr contrite is a troll though. says what he thinks, good for him!

its wheat and chaff. troll from opinion. its impossible at time. dont think mr contrite is a troll though. says what he thinks, good for him!

I'm not saying he's a troll, I'm saying he's not the kind of person I would want to know, neither is the person who suggested steralising people.

I'm not saying he's a troll, I'm saying he's not the kind of person I would want to know, neither is the person who suggested steralising people.

Why wouldnt you want to know me? as for the sterilising comment, i believe that may have been tongue-in-cheek.

If they can afford a J1.99 bottle of cider, than thats at least J1.99 too much benefit they recieve.

a

So you'd be quite happy to double or triple the number of 'pen-pushers' and 'snoopers' that would cost you around...oooh...an extra £30k each per annum from your taxes (£30k x 200,000 extra staff - do the maths) in order to monitor the spending habits of the poor, to hound old ladies and lads with terrible dyslexia in the Co-op and hector them to "Put down the Mini Rolls! You are only allowed to eat Flax Flavoured Organic Yogurt! Step away from the shelf!"

So you'd be quite happy to double or triple the number of 'pen-pushers' and 'snoopers' that would cost you around...oooh...an extra £30k each per annum from your taxes (£30k x 200,000 extra staff - do the maths) in order to monitor the spending habits of the poor, to hound old ladies and lads with terrible dyslexia in the Co-op and hector them to "Put down the Mini Rolls! You are only allowed to eat Flax Flavoured Organic Yogurt! Step away from the shelf!"

Do you know, the sad thing is that I'm sure many people would relish doing a job like that, going by some of the comments on here!

StarSparkle

Archived