The benefits class

Do you know, the sad thing is that I'm sure many people would relish doing a job like that, going by some of the comments on here!

StarSparkle

I know, and it's soooo ironic that as soon as they get caught by a speed camera or health advice gets put on beer or their kids attend a lesson on Eid or something else happens that they personally don't like, then they all start getting monk on about the Nanny State. And start ranting about their own 'civil liberties'. :hihi:

What bit of research came up with an extra 200,000 staff at J30k a year? i regularly see benefits claimants buying bottles of vodka, cases of beer etc etc, are you happy that they appear to be able to afford these luxuries when we have pensioners scared to turn their heating on because of the cost?

Lets get our priorities right.

Don't need to look for the research - I've been involved in it for years, I'm a professional expert. ;)

I really do not care if people on the dole choose to eat nothing but beans on toast all week or sit shivering beneath a duvet for three months of the year if they want to save their pennies for a weekend bender. Because believe me, the figures do not include an amount for 'getting thrashed' - as hard as it may seem, even poor people manage their own budgets - they aren't like some primitive tribe from Irian Jaya who have never even seen an abacus you know.

I can quite honestly say it causes me no sleepless nights, no sense of moral outrage and no worries whatsoever because I'm not an interfering busybody on people's personal lives. ;)

Likewise many pensioners make the same choice - like the old boy who gets on my bus and told me with a giggle last Christmas that he'd just spent his winter bonus on a massive booze spree. Tis up to him. And good on him if that's what turns him on.

Don't need to look for the research - I've been involved in it for years, I'm a professional expert. ;)

I really do not care if people on the dole choose to eat nothing but beans on toast all week or sit shivering beneath a duvet for three months of the year if they want to save their pennies for a weekend bender. Because believe me, the figures do not include an amount for 'getting thrashed' - as hard as it may seem, even poor people manage their own budgets - they aren't like some primitive tribe from Irian Jaya who have never even seen an abacus you know.

I can quite honestly say it causes me no sleepless nights, no sense of moral outrage and no worries whatsoever because I'm not an interfering busybody on people's personal lives. ;)

Likewise many pensioners make the same choice - like the old boy who gets on my bus and told me with a giggle last Christmas that he'd just spent his winter bonus on a massive booze spree. Tis up to him. And good on him if that's what turns him on.

From which side of the benefits counter are you an expert?

i think you may be missing the core point of mr contrite, i don't support his views in totallity but i have occasionally voiced similar emotions as have many people i know.

i have no problems with people spending money on what they want - either employed or unemployed.so if they want to smoke and not eat fine- i couldn't care less.

however i've just looked at enrolling for FE, cost of the course £390.in fairness the course would be for my personal pleasure and probably not for career progression - however were i to be in receipt of benefits , i could do the course for free. Why??

i live in NE Derbyshire - sports facilities can be accessed for free,annual gym membership is £1 - for the id card. why?

the free stuff - should be interview training, cv preperation etc,perhaps even motivational courses. not stuff that could be seen as an enticement not to work.

i think you may be missing the core point of mr contrite, i don't support his views in totallity but i have occasionally voiced similar emotions as have many people i know.

i have no problems with people spending money on what they want - either employed or unemployed.so if they want to smoke and not eat fine- i couldn't care less.

however i've just looked at enrolling for FE, cost of the course £390.in fairness the course would be for my personal pleasure and probably not for career progression - however were i to be in receipt of benefits , i could do the course for free. Why??

i live in NE Derbyshire - sports facilities can be accessed for free,annual gym membership is £1 - for the id card. why?

the free stuff - should be interview training, cv preperation etc,perhaps even motivational courses. not stuff that could be seen as an enticement not to work.

Would you rather people on benefits just sat round on their *rses all day watching telly? :loopy: I thought people like you would like the fact that some 'benefit scroungers' might be interested in doing courses to expand their horizons, or partaking in sporting activities to increase their fitness/stamina levels so they are more capable of working?

You can't have it all ways.

StarSparkle

Archived