The benefits class

Indeed, all you Daily Mail and Guardian readers slag me and other benefit claimants off till the cows come home, but how would YOU cope if you were unable to work and had to claim benefits as your only way of getting some kind of income?

YOU SEEM TO BE ON THE WRONG TRACK HERE RICH - have you accidentally clicked in the wrong quotes?

I was out of work for a while and have sympathy for anyone who finds themselves in this position.

Hope things get better mate.

when I signed off with DWP (oh, what a happy day that was)

yes that was a great day when I did that... strolling in and saying bye bye- you useless bunch of goons.

The people that work at the Job centre are shocking bad- they treat you as your stupid- even though I have had 2 jobs since I was 16 and been in full time education- its like I had gone in their house on xmas day and ****** on their kids.

The department of work and pensions needs a massive overhaul.

1) they sent me to a company called a4e- who tried to tell me how to be motivated to find work. I think the lowly £45 quid is all the motivation I needed. how to build a CV- did that at uni/college

2) If the job centre is serious about reducing employment figures then why dont they work with organisations that specalised in the work you want to do. ie IT..

3) people who are siging on are not all scoungers ie me- which the people that work at the DWP seem to think -siginng on = Scrounger

I have been brought upto work

without working i would not have been able to pay for my car and put myself though uni.

The problem with this, is that it's ok to say let them starve. But we live in a rational society. Would you be the one that cut off the benefit which inevitably meant that their kids would starve?

Yes I would have NO hesitation is stopping their benefits if they didnt find work in the alloted time.

Indeed, all you Daily Mail and Guardian readers slag me and other benefit claimants off till the cows come home, but how would YOU cope if you were unable to work and had to claim benefits as your only way of getting some kind of income?

how can you be able to do voluntary work yet be unable to work?

:confused:

The problem with this, is that it's ok to say let them starve. But we live in a rational society. Would you be the one that cut off the benefit which inevitably meant that their kids would starve?

Yes I would have NO hesitation is stopping their benefits if they didnt find work in the alloted time.

Someone more extreme than me:hihi:

Please read my earlier post about people with disabilities being unable to find work even when willing and qualified to do the jobs- Rich falls into this category too.

Because I can't get a proper job due to being disabled and the fact that so called "equal opportunities" laws in this Country mean bugger all, companies just say they're an equal opportunity employer because they have to IMO.

Cos the employment system works that way, and because stereotypes stop others from working too?

[Added] You forget that, even though someone may be qualified to do a job, companies want even more than what is asked of them from the job specification too. That's just one reason.

Because I can't get a proper job due to being disabled and the fact that so called "equal opportunities" laws in this Country mean bugger all, companies just say they're an equal opportunity employer because they have to IMO.

sod silly laws.

we will be able to get you a job.

would you work in a call centre?

i know where there is vacancies, should be able get you an interview in a weeks time and tell you exactly what to say in it.

However my neighbours (who are lovely people, this is not a gripe at them, just an observation) have not worked for at least the 7 years I have lived here, have two cars, go out about 4 nights a week and have just been to ask me to look after their cat as they are going to Spain for 2 weeks

if your neighbours can afford to go to spain for 2 weeks have 2 cars and can go out 4 days a week then they must be either rich and dont need to work or work on fiddle or on disability full rate or they have a big family.

i am on a widows pension i cant afford to go on holiday in england never mind abroad for a few days unless my mum pays for me. i dont go out very much as i cant afford to if i do its usually with my 2 sons and they buy me a drink. i would not be able to go on the internet if it was not for one of my sons paying some of it. i dont smoke and it takes me all my time to make ends meet.

Archived