The benefits class

there is a job out there for EVERYONE, they just have to want one

I do though, despite what the readers of a certain newspaper think about me.

I have been trying tirelessly for years to get anything other than voluntary work, but as soon as you put on an application form that you've got disabilities they all but bin your application.

actually Rich the DDA means that if it is only a physical restriction that is stopping you being able to do a job and equipment can be provided to combat this it isnt an issue. Special equipment can be bought to ensure you can do your job.

And for that matter, if special eqiupment or adaptations are required by the firm so that a person with a disability could start a job, or the job starter themselves, the cost of this would be met by Access To Work, part of Jobcentre Plus. The total cost applies to people taking up a new job; in other circumstances part of the cost would be met by either the firm or job starter, but can be 'staggered', and can never be more than 40% of the cost.

I have been trying tirelessly for years to get anything other than voluntary work, but as soon as you put on an application form that you've got disabilities they all but bin your application.

In my last job I had several colleagues with disabilities of various types and levels of severity. Council & Civil Service employment policies often guarantee interviews for people with disabilities. Also, as Foxy says, under the DDA employers will make necessary arrangements to accommodate disabled employees. I don't know who you've tried getting support from, but these people seem to do the business? http://www.remploy.co.uk/jobseekers/case_studies/

The most I can earn is about 4 Grand a year for a max 16 hour week without jeopardising my benefits, as if I lose those it would cause me no end of problems, which are too personal to post on a public forum.

It would only affect Incapacity Benefit, Income Support through disability, JSA, or (legacy) SDA. Anything else which you claim won't be affected. Prescription charges may come in though.

Correct me if Im wrong Rich, but an application form these days shouldnt be asking about any disabilities, it would probably be on your equal opps form but not the app. form itself.

Correct me if Im wrong Rich, but an application form these days shouldnt be asking about any disabilities, it would probably be on your equal opps form but not the app. form itself.

most ask about your health, ask if youve had a long term disability , illness which may affect your work, how many days youve had off ill in the past year or so

It may ask if someone has special needs or requirements for an interview.

there is a job out there for EVERYONE, they just have to want one

Oh, to be so naive and have such a completely unreal view of the world. Get out there into the real world, Sarah - get a good dose of reality before you pontificate on something about which you clearly know nothing.

StarSparkle

The most I can earn is about 4 Grand a year for a max 16 hour week without jeopardising my benefits, as if I lose those it would cause me no end of problems, which are too personal to post on a public forum.

If your earning you won't need any benefits. I used to work with a programmer who was blind, there can't be many dissablilities harder to overcome than that.

If your earning you won't need any benefits.

like me, i eventually managed to get a part time job (still on the dole tho) but they DID make it ahrder for me, like still making me go on those damn restart courses just to look at the papers, even tho it made it harder for me to do my hours on my job, luckily i was employed by people i knew so they were easy going when i had to change hours

Archived