The benefits class

The most I can earn is about 4 Grand a year for a max 16 hour week without jeopardising my benefits, as if I lose those it would cause me no end of problems, which are too personal to post on a public forum.

two points really then Rich, you aren't looking for a fulltime job then that removes your need for most benefits.

secondly, thats £4.80 an hour,thats achievable even @ McD's or sainsbury's trolley collecting.

two points really then Rich, you aren't looking for a fulltime job then that removes your need for most benefits.

secondly, thats £4.80 an hour,thats achievable even @ McD's or sainsbury's trolley collecting.

which in my eyes isnt livable..........im on i think £5.35 an hour and can barely live, im existing rather than living

after paying rent and council tax, i use £50 a week, which goes on bits and peices for work, my £15 a week bus pass and a few cans of beer on a friday - sunday evening......thats almost all my monthly wage gone

i dont have any insurances, pensions, car, holidays, mortgage, barely go out to the pub or anywhere, i dont even go shopping barely these days

i WAS better off on the dole, instead of working for 8.30 hours, being out of the house 11 hours a day, having no week social life barely...for what, barely anything to show at the end of the month

</rant mode off>

which in my eyes isnt livable..........im on i think £5.35 an hour and can barely live, im existing rather than living

after paying rent and council tax, i use £50 a week, which goes on bits and peices for work, my £15 a week bus pass and a few cans of beer on a friday - sunday evening......thats almost all my monthly wage gone

i dont have any insurances, pensions, car, holidays, mortgage, barely go out to the pub or anywhere, i dont even go shopping barely these days

i WAS better off on the dole, instead of working for 8.30 hours, being out of the house 11 hours a day, having no week social life barely...for what, barely anything to show at the end of the month

</rant mode off>

i don't think its a liveable income either, but thats what Rich would like to supplement his entitlements.

i give credit to him for trying though.

i spent 18 years on the dole................some of it my own making, some of it cos i couldnt get ajob cos id never had one.

and i now work full time, but still on benefits cos of the uk system of firms not paying a decent wage but expecting long hours, and the working tax credit is a farce, i really wanna earn more to get off it

I REST MY CASE.

there is a job out there for EVERYONE, they just have to want one

How does that work? There has always been more people unemployed than there are jobs available. So there isn't a job for everyone, there never has been, and there probably never will be.

How does that work? There has always been more people unemployed than there are jobs available. So there isn't a job for everyone, there never has been, and there probably never will be.

in theory thats not true. otherwise we wouldnt have immigration.

certainly some of the influx become temps or agency workers,but there is aneed for "willing" workers.

Benefits class, as i said, I REST MY CASE.

yeah well

ive always classed myself as working class...thats what my family historically are

i myself have been on the dole most of my life...........my dad, then me

im trying hard to get off tax credits now ive got a job (just over two years) cos tax credits are crap.

hopefully i may, just got a bit of a promotion so my pay should go up

yeah well

ive always classed myself as working class...thats what my family historically are

i myself have been on the dole most of my life...........my dad, then me

im trying hard to get off tax credits now ive got a job (just over two years) cos tax credits are crap.

hopefully i may, just got a bit of a promotion so my pay should go up

Apology may be due, i dont know anything about you, and as you have stated that you have spent 18 years on the dole, i assume that there must be some physical, or mental condition that meant that prospective employers were unwilling to employ you.

Archived