The benefits class

i was on about the STILL on benefits bit.

ive managed to get a job, im in demand, i may have promotion looming

but at the minute im still on benefit (tax credit)

yep well done loads ave given up long before and been on dole longer than that Maggie killed it for loads and there families made many blokes feel worthless seen a few documentaries of the waisted generation

:cool:

Can't you take a hint? Your attitude is really appalling and people are getting pretty fed up with it.

StarSparkle

TBH SS - I don't have sympathy for many people on the dole either, not when I come from a family whose worked hard all there life going back generations & generations , but that's another thread maybe :cool: and everyone is entitled to their opinion on the matter .

What about giving Mel some credit for finding a job after all those years? And sticking with it ever since? He could easily have chosen to stay unemployed after all that time - but no, he chose the harder option and has obviously made a success of it.

You should be praising Mel, not having a go at him.

You really don't come over at all sympathetically in this thread, you know.

StarSparkle

Im sorry, but is 18 years on the dole the norm amongst the good Sheffield folk? i know im not from Sheffield, but surely things are not that grim oop north?

Im sorry, but is 18 years on the dole the norm amongst the good Sheffield folk? i know im not from Sheffield, but surely things are not that grim oop north?

You live in Oxford, yes? Then you don't know you're born in terms of unemployment and economic deprivation

StarSparkle

You live in Oxford, yes? Then you don't know you're born in terms of unemployment and economic deprivation

StarSparkle

Are you honestly telling me that things are that bad in Sheffield, i thought you good people had risen above the full monty era.

StarSparkle

Come to think of it, if he lives in Oxford, what the hell is he doing annoying the cr*p out of people on the Sheffield forum? Don't they have Forums darn sarf?

And do you think you're being fair to him, using big words like "economic deprivation"?? :hihi:

Archived