The benefits class

Come to think of it, if he lives in Oxford, what the hell is he doing annoying the cr*p out of people on the Sheffield forum? Don't they have Forums darn sarf?

And do you think you're being fair to him, using big words like "economic deprivation"?? :hihi:

They don't have any GOOD Forums darn sarf ;) They're forced to come north for quality :thumbsup:

StarSparkle

Come to think of it, if he lives in Oxford, what the hell is he doing annoying the cr*p out of people on the Sheffield forum? Don't they have Forums darn sarf?

And do you think you're being fair to him, using big words like "economic deprivation"?? :hihi:

Now you have confused me, economic deprivation? never heard of it.

They don't have any GOOD Forums darn sarf ;) They're forced to come north for quality :thumbsup:

StarSparkle

Funnily enough you are right, thisisoxford became disrupted, the argus was ruined by over officious censorship, at least here you are able to vent your spleen, and if you overstep the mark, you are warned, not banned, cant remember what first brought me here, but it was someone on the oxford forum posting links to this forum, if i remember rightly.

As i dont know, is meltthebell able bodied, or not?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

i thought we'd gone through why i couldnt get a job?????

anyway im off now, got to be up at 6.30 for work tommorow

can we carry on this riveting convo tommorow night..........6.30 when i get home

can we carry on this riveting convo tommorow night..........6.30 when i get home

Night, night, sleep tight, hope the bugs don't bite. :hihi:

Must have missed that, apologies if i have been out of order with you, ill blame it on the Holsten;)

You said you believe people should have to agree to enforced contraception before they can have any benefits. Pretty plain to me. I do speak the language you know ;) And maybe if you cannot put two and two together and realise what rocky roads certain ideas take us down then you ought to swot up on your history - the idea you put forth, alas, is one of Totalitarianism and Fascistic regimes and you may well not like me pointing that out to you, but that's the uncomfortable truth.

Sorry but if you're not capable of dealing with the distinct possibility that someone will come back at a controversial statement you make, then perhaps it's best to keep that statement to yourself.

And I certainly will NOT apologise for ripping a statement such as the one you made to pieces, as I find it a thoroughly offensive suggestion that poor people should be made to deny themselves a human right. And I certainly won't allow your shouting to prevent me arguing against what I see as grossly offensive opinions.

Your post and Halibut's were chock full of things I never said or even implied. You have no right to put words in my mouth the way you did. I don't care anyway- there are level-headed, decent people in the forum who knewexactly what I meant, and my child welfare (and anti-fascist) credentials on the forum are far more solid than those who shout 'nazi' at the thought of a depo injection. The 'grossly offensive opinions' you shouted about have never been uttered by me. Your post and Halibuts, full of unsubstanciated accusations with intent to smear my name with things I never said. You are worse than a tabloid, and if anyone from the other side of the political fence had cooked up even a fraction of that level of false accusation and defamation from something you'd said, you and Halibut would be the first to protest.

So I may have worded it clumsily, but people like Cloudybay, ash, JoeP and others knew exactly where I was coming from. Get off your high horse and apologise for your slanderous attack.

There is a wonder drug for curing certain forms of cancer - it's been a real breakthrough and has saved many lives. It's called thalidomide, and the very mention of the drug sends people into a frenzy. Due to its terrible history when it was used in totally different circumstances, this wonder treatment for people who would otherwise die, is only given on the proviso that the recipient take precautions to ensure that they cannot become pregnant or get someone else pregnant during the course of treatment.

I see the effort to make sure those in the most extreme circumstances in life in the same way - generous, intense suport and help to get people back on the straight and narrow, in whatever way that may be, but as part of the deal, do everything possible to prevent the situation from getting worse.

Perfectly fair and reasonable. And perfectly fair and reasonable people have understood it as such. That's all my statement meant.

Meanwhile, perhaps you should get all your anti-nazi friends down to the local oncology unit, there's a zygotic genocide going on. :rolleyes:

Archived