The benefits class

In response.

I earn a decent salary, and my job is OK. And I am happy to pay taxation provding it goes to appropriate resources, not some chainsmoking, shell suit wearing member of the underclass who simply cant be bothered to get off his arse, turn off Jeremy Kyle and actually find a means of gainful employment.

Lets just forget the billions of tax pounds spent on all sorts of dodgy enterprises and concentrate on the pitance we dole out to the pond life? -Good plan M.B.

Sussed it - you and Mr Contrite are government propagandists' - You really should find better ways of keeping the populations eyes off the REAL money pits - desperation creeping in?

Lets just forget the billions of tax pounds spent on all sorts of dodgy enterprises and concentrate on the pitance we dole out to the pond life? -Good plan M.B.

Sussed it - you and Mr Contrite are government propagandists' - You really should find better ways of keeping the populations eyes off the REAL money pits - desperation creeping in?

That's me rumbled...

You probably don't see very much of your neighbours as your nose is so high up in the rarefied air.

What you do not see is what they will have to do to 'prove' their entitlement. Until you've been unemployed you just don't know the fear that a benefits interview can cause, the humiliation. However when you get old and infirm and are having to beg for disability allowance or a Blue Badge you might suddenly find yourself in the same boat.

The difference is that i have already worked for longer than my neighbours have been born, that gives me the moral right to claim,should i need to in the future, hopefully i will be able to support myself should the worst come to the worst, due to investments, property etc etc paid for by 26 years so far of working.

The difference is that i have already worked for longer than my neighbours have been born, that gives me the moral right to claim,should i need to in the future, hopefully i will be able to support myself should the worst come to the worst, due to investments, property etc etc paid for by 26 years so far of working.

No, it doesn't give you any moral right at all, and certainly no more right than your neighbours.

Archived