The benefits class

it is not fair to raise children in an environment that is economically, socially and emotionally inadequate - hence why a lot of couples wait until they are financially secure (or as secrue as they can be) before starting a family.

What happens if there's a massive Global recession and nobody's financially secure? Should we take the responsible outlook and go extinct as a species :hihi:

Yes but you have to be ethically perfect to adopt those, you know, live on mung beans and never allow any Harry Potter into the house ;)

I bet "Manhunt 2" would be totaly out of the question then ?

I'd rather stay in the orphanage.

What happens if there's a massive Global recession and nobody's financially secure? Should we take the responsible outlook and go extinct as a species :hihi:

That would be the logical outcome of MikeBayly's argument... I don't think he's quite thought out all the ramifications of what he's saying...

StarSparkle

And what happens if it takes longer to become 'financially secure' than a couple expected it would, and they end up leaving it too late to have children? Wouldn't they have been better to have taken the risk of having kids when they were younger? I'd say so.

StarSparkle

I accept "financially secure" is an arbitrary term to say the least, and will obviously vary from person to person. I don’t, for example, believe that people intent on living off handouts until the day they die should ever have kids. It is not fair on the child, them, or the state.

Frankly I would sterilise everyone under the age of 18 anyway. But I digress...

It's a fair point, and as I have eluded to in a later post, the whole concept is very arbitrary.

But then we would die out as a species?

Have you seen/read Children Of Men?

How do you work that out? At the age of 18, you become 'fertile' again.

Mothercare in Rotherham might suffer, but its a social concequence I could live with.

How do you work that out? At the age of 18, you become 'fertile' again.

Mothercare in Rotherham might suffer, but its a social concequence I could live with.

Not if you're sterilised you don't - that's a one-way street!

Archived