The benefits class

my question to all who are so quick to judge is... lets say you lost your job tomorrow, no benefit to fall back on, or insurance .. no replacement job.

How far are you away from being on the street?

some people DO find it so hard to imagine they could ever get so unlucky it could all fall apart....and end up homeless, friendless, familyless, skint, jobless

its not as hard as youd think.

plenty of different sorts of people have for one reason or another and it can be dificult to pull back out

some people DO find it so hard to imagine they could ever get so unlucky it could all fall apart....and end up homeless, friendless, familyless, skint, jobless

its not as hard as youd think.

plenty of different sorts of people have for one reason or another and it can be dificult to pull back out

I can hear the violins playing.

stop being so mean Mr Contrite..

Personally, I know I would be able to manage for a month and then I would be on my uppers..

Sorry, i do probably take things out on mel a bit too much, its not personal as i dont know her personally, more a rant at benefit scroungers in general, and as she answers my posts, i will reply back, in answer to your question, probably 6 months before i had to start selling assets, but i couldnt imagine it taking 6 months to find a job.

How long to find a job? 2 weeks tops.

Ah well its not that easy.. I have fortunately never been in that position however I have worked for a blue chip company which trimmed its workforce to within an inch of me being a casualty.

Just for a minute pretend, the only job you could get would be flippin burgers at maccy d's, minimum wage because you are too old and past it for anyone to be bothered to employ you.

Mortgage to pay, commitments on credit cards etc... how would you manage?

Sorry, i do probably take things out on mel a bit too much, its not personal as i dont know her personally, more a rant at benefit scroungers in general, and as she answers my posts, i will reply back, in answer to your question, probably 6 months before i had to start selling assets, but i couldnt imagine it taking 6 months to find a job.

im a bloke :)

see how much he knows

Archived