The benefits class

:hihi::hihi::hihi: Her! lmao, wanna borrow a frock for tomorrow night Mel? :P

Mmmm ... well I could see him in a black basque frock, and very high heels - like that daft mare with the stick on t@ts who married Beckham :hihi:

Aw Mr C, underneath your "Meldrew" exterior you have a heart. Im touched by this comment, really. ;)

[Victor Meldrew]I don't bee-lieve it![/Victor Meldrew]

:lol:

Example of the risk of believing what you read on the surface of a newspaper report ;)

i read all the story and the subsequent ones in the other press as follow ups.

he admitted working at Asda, i can only believe his word.

i even read the Sun today with a follow up report, something i don't normally admit too.

1/2 a mill house FREE is taking the proverbial peeee.

he should be forced back into work to support his family. he made the decision to take on the responsibilities as a father that should include paying for them.

Example of the risk of believing what you read on the surface of a newspaper report ;)

i read all the story and the subsequent ones in the other press as follow ups.

he admitted working at Asda, i can only believe his word.

i even read the Sun today with a follow up report, something i don't normally admit too.

1/2 a mill house FREE is taking the proverbial peeee.

he should be forced back into work to support his family. he made the decision to take on the responsibilities as a father that should include paying for them.

No, he said that he was offered the job and had to turn it down before starting - however, the rules would allow someone to knock back a job if it meant they were going to suffer serious hardship as a result. If you think about it, it would be social services who would have to take up the slack from their lack of funds if it came to it.

And he cannot be blamed for the cost of housing where he lives. It's a stern lesson in why there should have been re-investment from the sale of social housing! The consequences are now biting hard. Had he got access to a council house he'd certainly be able to afford to work!

Did you take up the offer of a job?

Unfortunately, the job in question was not appropriate for Rich's situation. He suffers from a communication disorder, and therefore call centre work is really out of the question for him.

StarSparkle

Unfortunately, the job in question was not appropriate for Rich's situation. He suffers from a communication disorder, and therefore call centre work is really out of the question for him.

StarSparkle

Thanks again Starsparkle, I owe you a Pint or 3 :)

And for the benefit of readers of THAT paper, I have actually applied for 4 jobs via Mysheffieldjobs.co.uk web site in the last couple of days.

I hope to hear from at least one of them in due course.

And a bloke from Remploy's ringing me up tomorrow for a telephone interview at 1 PM.

Archived