The benefits class

Rightly or wrongly many people are of the same opinion he expressed though. That's their right.

Can't agree more. I find his views ignorant, simplistic and (the ones not expressed on this particular thread) frankly abhorrent, but I'll defend his right to have them.

If people think he is so wrong and it bothers them to the extent that they reply, then they should try to educate, not score 'right on!!' points.

what i hate and at least i'm honest, is my family having a £13.99 buggy, and some dole scrounger having a £70 mamas and papas thing, and before you start ,they do get them, well on Firth Park anyway.

I was going to keep out of this carp but that shows how much you know about prams!

You cannot put a baby under six months old in a £13.99 stroller! It's not a doll you know. They have to go in a pram so they can lie flat - and the cheapest you could possibly buy one of these is around £70! Even second hand you're looking at at least £50 for a decent pram, and that's one you're going to have to scrub the dirt off. And that's a basic one without a car seat - those will cost you at the very least £100+ and you are not allowed even to bring the child out of hospital without a car seat for safety purposes.

What do you suggest? That they carry the baby around in a Netto bag or something?

Now you may continue ;)

I was going to keep out of this carp but that shows how much you know about prams!

You cannot put a baby under six months old in a £13.99 stroller! It's not a doll you know. They have to go in a pram so they can lie flat - and the cheapest you could possibly buy one of these is around £70! Even second hand you're looking at at least £50 for a decent pram, and that's one you're going to have to scrub the dirt off. And that's a basic one without a car seat - those will cost you at the very least £100+ and you are not allowed even to bring the child out of hospital without a car seat for safety purposes.

What do you suggest? That they carry the baby around in a Netto bag or something?

Now you may continue ;)

Prevent the need for the pram perhaps, condoms are much cheaper.

Now you may continue ;)

i never said i knew about prams -but when my daughter was a baby(which is where my experience comes from) - buggies had only just been invented. they went in a pram that converted to a carry cot.

however at the time we did buy a buggy for £13.99 from Argos.

it was grey with pale blue lining, and was a Cosatto.

now my niece is unemployed whilst having two children with two fellas, and has just recieved a payment for £120 to buy a buggy.

you may now respond.

ps i can get you a mamas and papas 3 wheel thingy for £30.

and the hospital can't stop you from leaving hospital with your baby.

I don't know why they don't just loan the things out! That would be good for all parents in fact as the things are so ruddy expensive they're well into rip-off territory.

Apparently they will now stop you taking a child home by car if it's not in a proper car seat! Which immediately brings to mind new mums shinning down the drain pipe in the dead of night to sneak the baby out ;)

Prevent the need for the pram perhaps, condoms are much cheaper.
Indeed.

People on benefits should not have the right to have ever-expanding families at the taxpayer's expense.

In a previous era, when much of the population of this country actually had some pride and social responsibility, couples would not have children until they had saved, planned and could afford to raise a child.

Irresponsible lazy underclasses, and single parents, are the problems.

Archived