The benefits class

Originally Posted by melthebell View Post

sadly..................................for you its a free country, so they do have the right

and what gives you (a right wing zealot, by the looks of things) the right to say they cant?

I believe he works now (good for him) but has suckled at the teet of the benefit system for most of his life.

What gives you the right to question other people's lifestyle choices? And don't say because I pay my taxes as I have explained before taxes pay for many things that those on benefits can't afford. Society is about providing for everyone not just a few. We have a system that many in the world envy even though admittedly it's got it's problems. Would you like to be in an American system where people get service depending on how much money they have- maybe you would reading your post but others have more compassion.

What gives you the right to question other people's lifestyle choices? And don't say because I pay my taxes as I have explained before taxes pay for many things that those on benefits can't afford. Society is about providing for everyone not just a few. We have a system that many in the world envy even though admittedly it's got it's problems. Would you like to be in an American system where people get service depending on how much money they have- maybe you would reading your post but others have more compassion.

So what the majority of posters on this thread are saying is that its ok to steal every week from those who work, rather than get a job?

Should it be a 'lifestyle choice' to be a lazy good-for-nothing and be given free money as a reward? Should one family have to work themselves to the bone, while their neighbours make the 'lifestyle choice' to be parasites, and live of the taxes paid by honest working families?

If you can answer yes to either of those questions, you are morally corrupt.

And, as it happens, yes I do think we should get service according to what we pay for - I believe in an elitist society that rewards talent and effort, not laziness or ineptitude.

Yes, I think that's exactly what they're saying.

Why, I wonder? Probably because most of them are dole monkeys.

Proves how small minded you are because you have to throw insults when you know you can't justify your arguement and also how wrong:loopy:

Quote from Supertyke " You can't quite grasp the concept that the tiny proportion of benefits claimants who act fraudulently do so out of desperation rather than an inherent criminality."

Unlike the rich who commit fraud out of greed and dishonesty. It's do as I say not as I do as far as they are concerned which makes people deceptive. Until you realise that those in power will use you as pawns and love the fact that you are inward or downward looking. This creates a situation where people are divided amongst themselves and will never see the overall picture where they are being screwed by the system. Take it up with them instead of kicking people who are already down and ask why in such an unfair society do these things happen.

Quote from Supertyke " You can't quite grasp the concept that the tiny proportion of benefits claimants who act fraudulently do so out of desperation rather than an inherent criminality." Unlike the rich who commit fraud out of greed and dishonesty. It's do as I say not as I do as far as they are concerned which makes people deceptive. Until you realise that those in power will use you as pawns and love the fact that you are inward or downward looking. This creates a situation where people are divided amongst themselves and will never see the overall picture where they are being screwed by the system. Take it up with them instead of kicking people who are already down and ask why in such an unfair society do these things happen.

What utter tripe, benefits thieves do it out of greed, not desperation, and should have future benefits stopped until all the money stolen has been repaid.

What utter tripe, benefits thieves do it out of greed, not desperation, and should have future benefits stopped until all the money stolen has been repaid.

I doubt very much if it's greed on the money you get, you can't afford to live off it and yes I have been there but very determined after such an experience never to go back however some people have no choice.

Archived