The benefits class

But when you are more qualified and experienced than the man running the department he is too frightened to employ you even as the tea boy.

I wouldn’t suggest lying on a CV but couldn’t you “tailor” it to the type of job you are applying for.

I had two CVs, one detailed for applications for the type of job I had done before and one giving a more general history for other applications.

The covering letter is also important, try and put across what you have said in your post but in a more constructive way.

Housing cost is a massive factor in keeping the work-shy out of work. By paying claimants' rents, the state can give them more disposable income than they would have in a low paid job – and I mean just relatively low commensurate with their employability, not impoverished.

Clearly, while a restricted period of full rent assistance may be justifiable, the long-term work-shy should be transferred to cheap and basic hostel accommodation rather than having the taxpayer fund their comfort in their own homes.

News for the naive - plenty of people on benefits already DO have to live in hostels. And they cost way, way more than providing a flat or house. A little flat on Gleadless Valley? Probably around £60 a week. A room in a hostel? Probably around £60 a DAY.

But then you'd never let the facts get in the way of some polemic would you? ;)

people who initially wont work should be given tokens for food, so they cant buy fags and booze. if they continue to loaf about, so to speak, a gradual reduction in benefit should occur.

Don't they do that now ? I thought that was done all over. In the US they give out food stamps but thats all you can buy, they can't even chuck in a tv guide at the check out or a pack of gum, has to be food only.

people who initially wont work should be given tokens for food, so they cant buy fags and booze. if they continue to loaf about, so to speak, a gradual reduction in benefit should occur.

And will you employ them?

If so to do what?

There is no work to be had, people do not seem to understand this

Don't they do that now ? I thought that was done all over. In the US they give out food stamps but thats all you can buy, they can't even chuck in a tv guide at the check out or a pack of gum, has to be food only.

Not advanced much since the old slave days have they?

News for the naive - plenty of people on benefits already DO have to live in hostels. And they cost way, way more than providing a flat or house. A little flat on Gleadless Valley? Probably around £60 a week. A room in a hostel? Probably around £60 a DAY.

But then you'd never let the facts get in the way of some polemic would you? ;)

They aren't the kind of hostels I'd provide.

Originally Posted by poppins View Post

Not advanced much since the old slave days have they?

If by that you mean that they have a far better idea of dealing with scroungers and underclasses than we have, then yes - I'd agree.

Archived