The benefits class

well in my line of work it's more about rewarding; brown nosing, **** sucking and back stabbing. that's how you climb the ladder in the real world. you don't get many managers who are actually any good at doing their job.

I'm afraid you've just made a classic 'them 'n' us' jealous rant, typical of the view of somebody who has not succeeded and therefore chooses to denigrate others' relative success.

I’ve climbed the ladder on the ‘real world’. I’ve worked on the shop floor, I’ve worked my way up 3 different organisations throughout my career and I’m doing okay as a result of hard work.

While I don’t disagree that there are some organisations which have bad managers, and some people do get promoted from brown nosing and playing the career game, on the whole that is not the case.

Widdecomes prog last night held few surprises for me.

(Riding about in her Smart Car, oh so eco friendly wonder how many gas guzzlers she owns)?

The prog proved nothing. Of course there are people around who are going to take advantage of the system - so what's new?

It was a classic example of 'distraction' T.V. - 'Look at the scumbags destroying the country'. - 'Don't worry about the REAL theives, whos annual expenses alone would keep most people going for months'.

She did nothing more than pander to the likes of Dungybeetle and Mr C - the spiteful, noisey minorities who are taken in hook line and sinker by the propagandist puppeteers who perpetuate, so effectively, the myths and lies that divide and weaken our nation.

It was a classic example of 'distraction' T.V. - 'Look at the scumbags destroying the country'. - 'Don't worry about the REAL theives, whos annual expenses alone would keep most people going for months'.

She did nothing more than pander to the likes of Dungybeetle and Mr C - the spiteful, noisey minorities who are taken in hook line and sinker by the propagandist puppeteers who perpetuate, so effectively, the myths and lies that divide and weaken our nation.

Well said couldn't agree more, while ever people are watching the people struggling away on bens and begrudging them every penny the real big time theives are laughing!

(Riding about in her Smart Car, oh so eco friendly wonder how many gas guzzlers she owns)?

The prog proved nothing. Of course there are people around who are going to take advantage of the system - so what's new?

I agree with Moonbird - it's classic divide-and-rule. Well said, Supertyke

StarSparkle

The prog proved nothing. Of course there are people around who are going to take advantage of the system - so what's new? .

I didn’t watch it, but we’re all aware that those sort of professional scroungers exist, and the left-wing benefits system embraces them. I assume you’re quite happy for such people to leech on society?

Are there myths and lies about benefit fraud? Are there no people claiming benefits and working? Is it a lie that the welfare state is the biggest single drain on the UK’s GDP. Take a look at the figures and see how much it costs us.

If I’ve been taken in hook, line and sinker by “propagandist puppeteers” (you lefties do make me laugh), then fine.

My view of the things that divide and weaken our society is probably different to yours – but I do not base my views on the whims of any editor.

Well said couldn't agree more, while ever people are watching the people struggling away on bens and begrudging them every penny the real big time theives are laughing!

yep hopefully she's gonna make a series on self employed people next ,who apparently turn no profit and live in 150k houses.

at least it's a step in the right direction. upward.

i didn't watch it purely because the educational content would have been slightly less than the Sun newspaper. she's never going to confront anyone who's fiddling - they are always going to get the worse and best documented proven examples just for show.

but and this the crux - almost everyone knows someone or of someone who fiddles on a smaller but regular scale.

therefore there are no myths.

claiming expenses is LEGAL - i think you miss the point slightly.

i don't advocate massive expense accounts etc, but the line must be legal or illegal.

They are all as bad in my opinion. Never mind about trying to find benefits fraudsters jobs or sticking other criminals in jail - they ought to be booted into the army & whipped into shape.

At least "the real big time theives" have worked for the money that they are "theiving" legally btw.

So you missed the part about 3 of people involved finding work with a little encouragement?

Archived