SWFC and SUFC players

tally

I'll take either Cantona or a fit and sober Hirst.

You can have Glyn Hodges, one of the finest to ever wear the shirt. A genuine match winner when he could be bothered. Or you can have the mighty Jonas Wirmola.

WHO????!!

I hear you, Jonas Wormola. An absolute titan at the back for the short period of time we had him. He totally bossed around anyone he was marking and kept them in his pocket, he was strong, agile, mobile, skilfull and tough. We should have kept him. Or for a laugh you can take Mike Lake!

I hear you, Jonas Wormola. An absolute titan at the back for the short period of time we had him. He totally bossed around anyone he was marking and kept them in his pocket, he was strong, agile, mobile, skilfull and tough. We should have kept him. Or for a laugh you can take Mike Lake!

A class act and a player that should have gone on to have a cracking future in the English league.

Also, another one who we had for too short a time and who was very promising was the greek Vas Borbokis. Arguably the most technically gifted left-back I've ever seen at the Lane.

Made Joe Bolton look like Vera Duckworth.

Also, another one who we had for too short a time and who was very promising was the greek Vas Borbokis. Arguably the most technically gifted left-back I've ever seen at the Lane..

Vas Borbokis wasn`t he the one that looked like Millhouse from the Simpsons

Yes, it will be the Millhouse lookalike.

Borbokis was also a good free-kick taker. He really impressed me as did the whole Spackman side where we looked as if we were going to run away with the league. We had Deano and Fjortoft up front and then the board decided we should remain a Championship/League One outfit and promptly sold the pair of them.

I also thought that we played the best football under Spackman.

Moving on, I see that Mr Warnock hasn't landed himself a job yet. I wonder if he'd like to come and do my garden.

I think a few may be looking at Spackman's reign with rose-tinted glasses.

You can't blame him for leaving, but Spackman's only other achievements in football are to be sacked by Barnsley and Millwall, with both clubs in the relegation zone.

i agree, Spackman could have taken us to great things. sadly the board was dreadfull and i didn't blame him for leaving.

Would that be the Spackman who I still say was merely using Kendall's side? Just as that lot still say that Francis was successful on the back of Fat Ron's side from the very early 90's.

Borbokis though was fantastic. The free kick on the first day v Sunderland was sublime

Archived