Crown & Glove...Stannington!

mossdog

Cath@ Mick please come back! the pubs dying,currently run by foul mouthed types with no communication skills! you were a great couple for the Top 'Ouse ! We all miss you..........we'll be giving it a swerve under the present regime!

Indeed.

Me and Dad used to be regulars in there for the quiz when Mick and Cath had it, then it changed hands to some clueless numpty who changed the prices of the beer and made the quiz harder... :loopy::rant:

Indeed.

Me and Dad used to be regulars in there for the quiz when Mick and Cath had it, then it changed hands to some clueless numpty who changed the prices of the beer and made the quiz harder... :loopy::rant:

Know what you mean,......................we deserve better.Hare @Hounds closed through clueless management........................How long the Top Ouse!

• 1 month later...

I

Originally Posted by Rich

Indeed.

Me and Dad used to be regulars in there for the quiz when Mick and Cath had it, then it changed hands to some clueless numpty who changed the prices of the beer and made the quiz harder...

I take it you mean Dave and Wendy..

They moved on in October 2006 and the pub has been taken over by a new landlady since then.

I occasionally go there and don't really notice much difference apart from the abscence of a quiz. Years back they had a good name for food but not sure about now.

The hare and Hounds got awful by the end largely bacuse the landlord would let anyone in and seemed to encourage the most awful customers. It has long since closed.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived