Sheffield Martial Arts!!

Hi i have been recently considering taking up martial arts again i did Karate when i was about 9-10 years old i got my yellow belt i was'nt pushed by my parents all my friends who went with me got really jealous cos they failed there kata's for the belt and i was left on my own eventually got bored and dropped out.

Now the real reason for this thread is i saw a martial arts club on the Manor Top i think its been re-branded of some sorts i have seen it very busy on a saturday and just wondered if anyone had any information.

Times,sessions price what martial arts that are taught etc etc any help would be appreciated thanks.

I live at crystal peaks way so this is quite close to me but if any one knows of some where closer thats any good please post info same as above as i don't have a great deal of time for traveling as i don't drive so some where close would be great and convienent.

Check my new club out: http://www.cpft.org (I say my, I don't mean I own it but you are made to feel part of it)

It's right up your street being located just behind 'Direct Cars', teaching Free Style Taekwondo & Korean Kick Boxing (the sparing side to TKD)

The times etc are all on the website, but feel free to contact me if you need further info. :)

Ps- Hope to see there! :thumbsup:

yeah checked your website out and the gallery just a few questions.

1. how much is it per session/lesson

2. Are there older people there as im like 20+ and there is alot of kids no offence to them i think its great im just wondering as sparring will seem a little strange against youngsters.

3.What would i need to bring clothing wise to start off with??

thanks Danny

2. Are there older people there as im like 20+ and there is alot of kids no offence to them i think its great im just wondering as sparring will seem a little strange against youngsters.

thanks Danny

Hi Danny

If you are willing to travel into the town centre, we have classes for beginners at Wellington street boxing gym in the town centre.

At the end of the day which martial art you take up is your choice alone but I will give you an opportunity to find out more about other clubs apart from the ones already mentioned.

Every martial art has something to offer.

What do we offer?

A practical and realistic fighting system without the traditional aspect. That means no "kata/forms/patterns". Straight down to business. You are only taught techniques that work. No fancy Jackie chan movie hocus pocus either (sorry if that offended anyone).

Our punching system is from boxing. Nobody punches faster or harder than a boxer and is combined with powerful kicking techniques delivered mainly with the shin (although some kicks are executed with the feet like in traditional martial arts). The roundhouse kick is executed using a "follow through" action for maximum power as opposed to the "flicky foot-slap" type of roundhouse which looks great but doesnt hurt anyone.

We train in a traditional "Rocky Style " boxing gym (which is not everyones cup of tea we realise LOL) and our gym is fully equipped with :

*8 Punchbags

* 3 speedballs (including floor to ceiling ball)

*2 maize balls

*Treadmill

*Free Weights Area

* Boxing ring (For sparring in )

* Boxing gloves and Shinpads etc.

Each class costs £4 and we do not operate any extortionate joining fees either.

Regarding sparring there are plenty of people to spar with as well mainly in their 20's.

yeah thanks for the info everyone Chefkicker that would be great some times and session dates would be great also as i work silly 2 shift system so one week would be me working late nights which sucks for cos i bet most sessions are about 6pm onwards but weekends are always free for me so long as its mid afternoon.

thanks Danny

1. how much is it per session/lesson= You pay monthy DD (which works out about £1.50 a session for me) & you can come as often as you like, even in the day time if you are free, 6 days a week & some Sundays for grading etc. :cool:

2. Are there older people there as im like 20+ and there is alot of kids no offence to them i think its great im just wondering as sparring will seem a little strange against youngsters.= There is classes just for seniors, like for myself, I'm 33 & we've even got a chap called Geoff who has recently gained his Black belt in TKD in his 50's, so you won't be alone!

3.What would i need to bring clothing wise to start off with?? = Free suit & belt with Taekwondo :thumbsup:, so you don't need to buy anything. And tracksuit bottoms & t-shirt would be fine for Kick Boxing (Master Jessop could order you some proper KB bottoms if you want) or you could wear you TKD suit. :)

-Wayne-:D

hey yorkie that sounds great its close by and its great cos i have not got alot of flexability with traveling to work and so on but this sounds great i could come when eva i was free so if i came tommorow afternoon would it be open.

Is it easy to find i know direct cars very well its just im not 100% on where unit 8 was thats all is it nearer to the post office or round the back of direct cars its self.

Cool free belt and suit and its reasonable too which is great ill hopefully see you tommorow if i can find it what time would be ok i dont want to interupt lessons.

hey yorkie that sounds great its close by and its great cos i have not got alot of flexability with traveling to work and so on but this sounds great i could come when eva i was free so if i came tommorow afternoon would it be open.

Is it easy to find i know direct cars very well its just im not 100% on where unit 8 was thats all is it nearer to the post office or round the back of direct cars its self.

Cool free belt and suit and its reasonable too which is great ill hopefully see you tommorow if i can find it what time would be ok i dont want to interupt lessons.

If you come tomorrow at 12.20pm then I'll see you there for a 12.30 start for KKB, there's a 30 mins rest period then it's senior TKD from 2pm until 3. As for the directions if your coming fm Peaks then turn left at the lights, where Direct Cars is on the corner, then it’s your 1st right, then 1stleft onto the trading estate with our unit on you left. (Don’t worry Danny as you’ll see the cars outside as ours is the only unit open because they have only recently been built/open)

Cheers, -Wayne- ;)

thanks yorkie i live at westfield so its no problem finding it i just needed a rough idea of where it is as that trading estate is pretty big i didnt want to end up going the wrong way cos i know there is a gypsy camp near there as i used to drive past it when i took my driving lessons.

Archived