Football for Girls

Hi, I need help

I have a 6 year old niece who is mad for football.

She likes playing and watching on the telly.

She gets excited driving past both grounds in the city.

There is no allegiance for any team in the family.

She has been pestering to go to a footy match for so long that her mum has given in and its my uncle type job to take her.

Which ground would be the best to take a 6 year old girl to please?

Apart from the obvious 2 there is also Chesterfield who I feel may need the extra support :)

Basically I can easily get to the Sheffield teams, I need to know which ground has the best atmosphere for a child.

thanks

Deepak

I am a season ticket holder for Sheffield United, and I can say it has the best environment, out of other Sheffield teams, for your little one.

Not only Bramall Lane is very near you, the blades fans are great and after the recent work, the stadium looks fantastic with all modern facilities.

So United all the way!

I am a season ticket holder for Sheffield United, and I can say it has the best environment, out of other Sheffield teams, for your little one.

Not only Bramall Lane is very near you, the blades fans are great and after the recent work, the stadium looks fantastic with all modern facilities.

So United all the way!

Though this thread going to get bombarded by SU v SW.

I would give my unbiased view that SUFC is the best option. :hihi:

In all honesty, let her decide, I went to many Wednesday matches before I even set foot in Bramall Lane, and I just couldn't get into it at Hillsborough.

The first time I walked into the Lane (and it was a dump then), I knew they were for me. I loved the colour, the standing, the singing, the atmosphere.

Take her to both places a few times, and see which tickles her. And if she chooses Wendy, fair enough. If there is no family influence, then let her decide! :thumbsup:

Hope she becomes a Blade:hihi:

As a Blade, I'll obviously recommend the Lane, but when you take her (to either stadium) go for the family stands. Why not zip down to the Lane for the Open Day next Sunday?

I'm not sure where the Family Enclosure is in the 'other place' (it's either the North or South Stand), but for either side, both will be doing 'Kid A Quid' offers and such through the year.

Take advantage of one of those.

Especially at the Lane!

OK thanks for the advice

My main concern was that the language in the family enclosures would be a bit too much - any advice?

And is it possible to get tickets for them if your not a season ticket holder?

(I didnt realise there was an open day coming up)

Deepak

OK thanks for the advice

My main concern was that the language in the family enclosures would be a bit too much - any advice?

And is it possible to get tickets for them if your not a season ticket holder?

(I didnt realise there was an open day coming up)

Deepak

Swearing isn't allowed anywhere the ground. But lets get real:hihi:

It is I believe frowned upon in the family area. Just cover her ears when there is a bad ref:hihi:. And there isn't any smoking anywhere in the ground from next season. Although the family area at the Lane has been non-smoking for some time.

As for tickets, depends entirely on the game. Who we're playing. Shouldn't have too many problems now we are in the Championship.

:thumbsup: (pretty much same on all points for both teams-though SW will never sell out) couldn't resist

sheffield wednesday ladies fc have a under 9 team for more information why not give sam darwin a call on 0114 2854770 to give you more information all the coaches are minimum level 1 fa coaches are all crb checked and it is a charter standard club hope this helps you in some way

Archived