Football for Girls

Well we went to the open day and I was left really wound up about being a Blade :rant:

The players were due to sign autographs from 1-2pm so we turned up just before 1.

We went to the main entrance were there was a funfair and 2 or 3 enormous queues but no stewards to tell us which one we actually needed to get into the pitch.

One guy said if we went to John St we could get onto the pitch so we walked all the way round the ground to find John St all locked up.

I was getting a bit unhappy now, as was my niece.

Fortunately the guys at the entrance to the directors boxes bit took pity on us and let us in the 5* way and Im very grateful they did. Sadly they seemed to be the only helpful people we met all day.

When we got in the ground it was 2:20.

Straight away the tannoy said all queues to meet the players were now closed.

You can imagine this was a bit of a disappointment.

Worse still the tannoy said they had closed the queues so "the players can get away"

:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

Lets think about this.

Get away from who exactly?

That must be the fans who loyally turn up each week as well as 6 year old girls visiting for the first time to see if they like the Reds over the Blues.

I know Im being a bit idealistic here but I do expect my sports stars, who are rewarded massively even in the Championship judging by the cars parked in the players area, to give a little back to the fans let alone the community.

It seemed a bit of a two fingered gesture to me.

"Hi, Im a player, you can have me for an hour once a season but then you can stuff it"

Comments?

Deepak

Archived