Foxhunting

Should fox hunting be banned?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Should fox hunting be banned?

• Yes
    • No

Originally posted by DaBouncer

Hanging upside down passing into the factory, the birds are remarkably passive ... carcasses dangle their way along the conveyor belt, any remaining heads being sliced off within seconds.

I never knew ANY of this!

The truth of Mechanised Meat Production. I would still say it's morally equivalent to hunting your own meat with a bowie knife, but there you go.

Same result - dead animal for eating.

The health aspects of keeping chickens like that are quite serious though, and there's no question in my mind that the negative impacts of intensively farmed meat outweigh the economic savings to be made.

Originally posted by halevan

Foxhunting should be banned because, to put any kind of life through the ordeal of being torn to pieces alive by a pack of hounds, is too horrible to contemplate.

This is human behavoir at it's most bestial,

are you vegetarian Halevan?

In most cases, the fox (pray) are already caught and they let them go about half an hour before it starts otherwise most hunt would end up being a wasted day.

I do question why catch then let it go and then use this as an excuse of culling the foxes.

I want to see it banned

I can see that there are some people who are saying that fox populations need keeping down (although I dont know why that is) but if that is the case, then 50 people in fancy jackets, hunting horns, drinking warm punch and chasing over miles of open country is probably not the most effective control measure.

I do not accept that we have "better things" to do in Parliament than this. Because the other stuff all goes on anyway. The Health, Education and Transport Ministers for instance are all working away on their things, they are not in committees discussing this, that would be only about a dozen out of 650 MPs.

The debate itself took 5.5 hours apparently, but all 650 MPs were not there for all of that time.

I dont agree that the government should only deal with some things that are important to people, and not to others. I think the government should deal with everything that matters and that includes animal welfare.

But mainly I just will be glad that some of the most arrogant and unpleasant people in our country will be stopped from doing just what they like with no regard to anyone or anything else

PS...I have never been in a ADSL chat room, have I got a body double? LOL

• 5 months later...

Why has this poll been closed?

It is a very difficult subject to comment on and often causes serious upset, due of the nature of the topic.

I think that most will not deny that boodsports are quite awful.

But just because I don`t like it, does not mean that I want it stopped.

Difficult one...

Originally posted by venger

Why has this poll been closed?

I think it's because the person who created the thread (Belle) set a 5 day time out on it. If you check the date she started it, it was closed a LONG time ago.

Nomme

Originally posted by max

That's a bit of a cop out, IMO. It's like saying I won't cure poverty in Africa because it's no worse than the poverty in India.

Fox hunting today battery chickens tomorrow.

Expensive food the day after

Food riots a week on Thursday.

Archived