The Red Deer Pub

Magneteer

Although I have knocked it on this thread I view the Deer with great affection. I am/was rather perturbed by the thought of it going downhill.

I do not know what the terms of their tenancy agreement is, but would it be possible to liven up the beer selection with a rotating guest ale from one of the local brewers?

Hey Serafina,

No doubt we'll talk about this more in the pub when I next see you. :-)

This particular thread, poorly titled I admit, has caused much interest and many responses, hence the reason why I asked for any further suggestions to be given here and now. I personally want to know what people would like to buy in the Deer.

They are only people's opinions and it was only my opinion.

I am just shocked that people feel this way.

You're probably not allowed to post something so similar to other posts already on the forum, but I just wanted to say that the Red Deer is one of a smallish handful of city centre pubs of which we can be proud. It's a real pub. It serves real beer. People there tend not to be idiots. It looks nice for its recent refit. It stays firmly on my list with the Bath and the Rutland (even post-remix) and the Dog and Partridge and Fagan's.

These businesses are run by people who seem to be doing their best to preserve real pubs in a wide field of mainly-unpleasant bars. Good for them. Good for the Kelham Island area boozers too. Let's not use the forum to have a go at people running a business.

You could have just replied to the original thread!! I disagree that people shouldn't be immune from criticism if they are selling a poor and/or overpriced product.

I celebrated no smoke day in there on 1st July and have to say it needs smartening up. The fusty musty carpets and smell of stale beer in the absence of smoke were obvious for all to smell:gag:

Bath Hotel is much much better all round IMO

You could have just replied to the original thread!! I disagree that people shouldn't be immune from criticism if they are selling a poor and/or overpriced product.

I celebrated no smoke day in there on 1st July and have to say it needs smartening up. The fusty musty carpets and smell of stale beer in the absence of smoke were obvious for all to smell:gag:

Bath Hotel is much much better all round IMO

I'm sure you'll be pleased that they have since redecorated and are in the process of replacing the carpet then...

I've no problem with the beer quality and the prices are quite reasonable for a city centre pub (compare it to some of the circuit bars on West Street!).

• 1 month later...

Archived