Should be about 50 now

I can remember your name, my maiden name was Hannan

I have three older brothers and a sister,

We lived quite near the rec, near Bowen Street.

I remember you, is one of your brothers about 60, if he is he used to knock about with my oldest brother, Dennis Whiteley, he also knew Dennis Fletcher who lived just across from you. Is one of your brother called Malcolm or Martin, something like that.

Do you have a brother called Glynn, I think he is the one that used to knock about with my brother, there was another Glynn, surname Williams, I think he lived on Ripon Street as well.

Yes they are my brothers , I was the youngest,

there was a Glyn Williams as well, did you know Susan Whinfrey she lived in Bowen Street

I will tell malcolm about Dennis Whiteley,

I'm sure he will be happy to remember him.

Its lovely hearing all the old names really takes me back

i know tracey gray. shes now tracey brown. her sister is lorri. loz. does any one remember neil brooks he lived on the corner of woodbourne rd & worthing rd.. i remember les ducker, and mick barker to.. and big jack goes in the turf handsworth my local.

I know Jack lives somewhere at Handsworth, we have spoke before on here, I was in the same class as your Wendy. Jack is a lovely person. He used to knock around with Robert Wright, who also lived on Ripon Street.

I remember Jack and Robert in the good old days on the Rec and at Woodbourne Youth Club about 1968-69, both good lads, Jack was a decent goalkeeper and he played in the Sheffield Amateur League for the Staniforth Arms. Also just about remember a Whiteley at the Youth Club, a fair haired lad, was his name Dennis or Ken? his mate was Keith Bishop.

i know tracey gray. shes now tracey brown. her sister is lorri. loz. does any one remember neil brooks he lived on the corner of woodbourne rd & worthing rd.. i remember les ducker, and mick barker to.. and big jack goes in the turf handsworth my local.

Are you any relation to Mavis Brooks, she used to live on Woodbourn Road, she was in the same class as me.

• 2 months later...

Archived