Dam House - Weston Park. Your experiences.

gnomi

I went for lunch yesterday and was really dissapointed with the food! I had fishcakes; they (or should I say it, there was just one little one) didn't taste of anything and looked like it had come out of a packet, frozen... the chilli and coriander sauce was just a drizzle of olive oil round the side of the plate!

It's a lovely location and the service was great, but then again we were the only people in there!! There was no atmosphere whatsoever!

went to dam house last friday had the pan fried duck with black pudding and sweet mash very nice one of the best meal i ve had in sheffield for years. i would advise people to book

I had that too! Lamb dish is tasty!

I went for lunch yesterday and was really dissapointed with the food! I had fishcakes; they (or should I say it, there was just one little one) didn't taste of anything and looked like it had come out of a packet, frozen... the chilli and coriander sauce was just a drizzle of olive oil round the side of the plate!

It's a lovely location and the service was great, but then again we were the only people in there!! There was no atmosphere whatsoever!

- Had to try the fish cake after your comments, It's handmade and not frozen at all. You do get one for £4.50, but it does not say on the menu Fishcakes, just Fish cake. Its on dressed salad and made with pure white fish with lemongrass,- for a starter it's tops.

p.s. - it's based on a sheffield thing London Lass, and if you come from London, you might not get it!

- Had to try the fish cake after your comments, It's handmade and not frozen at all. You do get one for £4.50, but it does not say on the menu Fishcakes, just Fish cake. Its on dressed salad and made with pure white fish with lemongrass,- for a starter it's tops.

p.s. - it's based on a sheffield thing London Lass, and if you come from London, you might not get it!

Mmm ........ work for them by any chance?

i've been a couple of times for a lunchtime snack.

usually results in a posh sarnie. service always good,food always impeccable.

fox house do nice salmon and brocolli fishcakes - and you get two.

I had my wedding there and the food was fantastic. It almost looked too good to eat the presentation was that good. We had crayfish cocktail for starters, chicken in white wine and tarragin sauce for main and fresh fruit kebab for dessert. :D

Archived