Mexican food - what are your thoughts Sheffield?

shpoolx

Fajitas, burritos, enchiladas, tacos, refried beans (are they Mexican ?), chilie, stuffed chilies, Quesadias (spelling ? chicken & cheese in like a crispy pancake thing),

Fajitas, burritos, enchiladas, tacos, refried beans (are they Mexican ?), chilie, stuffed chilies, Quesadias (spelling ? chicken & cheese in like a crispy pancake thing),

everything you mentioned is mexican / cal tex mex. the stuffed chilli, was it with cream cheese? that's more of an american incarnation! have you ever heard of gorditas, floutas, empenadas, ceviche's?!

btw it's spelt quesadilla ;)

something that isn't the same as the last dish just wrapped in a different way....

I know its an ignorant comment, but that is my point, surely their is more to Mexico than what some current establishments offer. I have a Mexican cook book at home, never heard of half the dishes or ingrediants!!

Would be well up for somewhere that was offering a well rounded menu to feast my well rounded belly on....

Archived